Gilles Fauconnier (French pronunciation: [ʒil fokɔˈnje]) (19 August 1944 – 3 February 2021) was a French linguist, researcher in cognitive science, and author, who worked in the U.S. He was distinguished professor at the University of California, San Diego, in the Department of Cognitive Science.
|Born||19 August 1944|
|Died||3 February 2021(aged 76)|
|Fields||cognitive science, linguistics|
|Institutions||UC San Diego|
His books include:
- Gilles Raymond Fauconnier (in French)
- Hugo Lundhaug (2010). Images of Rebirth: Cognitive Poetics and Transformational Grammar. Google Books. p. 30 (of 593 pages).
- Lawrence M. Zbikowski (2005). Conceptualizing Music: Cognitive Structure, Theory, and Analysis. Google Books. p. 78 (of 360 pages).
- "The Way We Think: Conceptual Blending and the Mind's Hidden Complexities". Google Books. 2013.
- "Mappings in Thought and Language - Gilles Fauconnier". Google Books. 2013.