Lubabalo 'Giant' Mtyanda (born 19 March 1986) is a South African rugby union player for the Southern Kings in the Pro14 and the Eastern Province Elephants in the Currie Cup and in the Rugby Challenge. His regular position is lock.
|Full name||Lubabalo Mtyanda|
|Date of birth||19 March 1986|
|Place of birth||Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
|Height||1.99 m (6 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||139 kg (306 lb; 21 st 12 lb)|
|School||Cowan High School|
|University||University of Johannesburg|
|Rugby union career|
Mtyanda started his career coming through the youth ranks at the Mighty Elephants (now Eastern Province Kings) and made his debut for them in the 2006 Vodacom Cup competition against Western Province.
He joined the Golden Lions later in the same year, where he represented their Under–21 team. He made four appearances for them in the 2007 Vodacom Cup and also represented UJ in the 2008 Varsity Cup, but failed to break into the first team.
In 2013, he joined the Pumas prior to the 2013 Currie Cup First Division season. He was also included in a South Africa President's XV team that played in the 2013 IRB Tbilisi Cup and won the tournament after winning all three matches.
He is currently playing for the Southern Kings in the 2017 Super Rugby season.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Giant Mtyanda". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "It's Rugby Player Profile Giant Mtyanda". It's Rugby. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Mighty Elephants 26-17 Vodacom Western Province". South African Rugby Union. 10 February 2006. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Gerber, Jeremy (14 May 2013). "Kabamba kaptein". Die Son (in Afrikaans). Media24. Archived from the original on 22 June 2015. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "SA President's XV selected for IRB Tblisi Cup". South African Rugby Union. 17 May 2013. Archived from the original on 6 June 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "SA President's XV win Tbilisi Cup". IRB. 16 June 2013. Archived from the original on 19 June 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.