The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gerri Ratliff is an American attorney and government official serving as the director of the Community Relations Service in the United States Department of Justice. Ratliff previously worked for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Immigration and Naturalization Service, and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
|Director of the Community Relations Service|
|Assumed office |
|Education||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (BA)|
American University (JD)
Harvard University (MPA)
Ratliff earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in speech communication and journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a Juris Doctor from the Washington College of Law at American University, and a Master of Public Administration from the Harvard Kennedy School.
From 1994 to 1997, Ratliff served as legal counsel to the United States Deputy Attorney General. She then joined the Immigration and Naturalization Service, serving as acting chief of the Office of Congressional Relations. Ratliff joined United States Citizenship and Immigration Services in 2008, serving as associate deputy director, associate director of enterprise services, and chief of the Office of Transportation Coordination. During her tenure with CIS, Ratliff was responsible for managing the agency's immigrant verification system. From 2012 to 2017, she was the deputy division director of the National Science Foundation for human resources management. In January 2017, Ratliff became the acting director of the Community Relations Service.
- "Meet the CRS Deputy Director". www.justice.gov. 2018-06-06. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- "US CIS Plans More Difficult English Test for Propective Citizens". www.khabar.com. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- Hammer, Ben. "Immigrant verification plan likely to be official". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- "Chairman Serrano Statement at Oversight Hearing on DOJ's Community Relations Service". House Committee on Appropriations. 2019-09-10. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- "Statement of Deputy Director Gerri Ratliff of Community Relations Service Before House Committee on Appropriations". www.justice.gov. 2019-09-11. Retrieved 2021-03-31.