Gero Camilo (born Paulo Rogério da Silva on December 18, 1970) is a Brazilian actor, dramatist, singer-songwriter and poet. A descendant of Indigenous, African, Portuguese, and Dutch people, he was born in Fortaleza, Ceará from parents of Acopiara. He was a militant of Liberation theology in Ceará, where he started to act in amateur theater when he was 19 years old. In 1994, he entered the School of Dramatic Art of University of São Paulo, acting on university productions, and concluded the course four years later.
Gero Camilo in 2011
Paulo Rogério da Silva
December 18, 1970 (age 48)
|Occupation||Actor, dramatist, singer-songwriter, poet|
- Brainstorm (2000)
- Behind the Sun (2001)
- Maids (2001)
- City of God (2002)
- Madame Satã (2002)
- Carandiru (2003)
- Man on Fire (2004)
- Assalto ao Banco Central (2011)
- I'd Receive the Worst News from Your Beautiful Lips (2011)
- Gabriela (2012)
- Telenovelas, series and miniseries
|2000||Brava Gente||Ep. "As Aventuras de Chico Norato Contra o Boto Vingativo"||Rede Globo|
|2005||Hoje é Dia de Maria||Zé Cangaia||Rede Globo|
|2009||O Amor Segundo Benjamim Schianberg||Sávio||TV Cultura|
|Som & Fúria||Naum||Rede Globo|
|2011||Amor em Quatro Atos||José||Rede Globo|
|2012||Gabriela||Miss Pirangi||Supporting actor||Rede Globo|
|2015||Felizes para Sempre?||Carlos||Rede Globo|
- Lledó, Maria Júlia (15 January 2016). "Gerador de sonhos, Gero é Camilo e Brasil" (in Portuguese). São Paulo. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Abreu, Paulo Renato (August 2, 2014). "Gero Camilo lança hoje disco Megatamainho em Fortaleza". O Povo (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 26, 2014.
- "Ator cearense Gero Camilo também é cantor e compositor" (in Portuguese). Globo.com. August 12, 2014. Retrieved October 26, 2014.
- Sanches, Pedro Alexandere (February 15, 2008). "A desforra do antigalã". CartaCapital (in Portuguese).
- "Gero Camilo" (in Portuguese). Enciclopédia Itaú Cultural. Retrieved October 26, 2014.