Gerald McBoing-Boing (TV series)
Gerald McBoing-Boing is a 2005-2007 Canadian-American 2D animated children's television series based on the 1950 animated short film Gerald McBoing-Boing. It premiered on Cartoon Network (United States) on August 22, 2005, as part of their Tickle-U programming block, and on Teletoon in English and French (Canada) on August 29, 2005. It uses the same basic art style as the original, but with more detail. Each 11-minute episode features a series of vignettes with Gerald, of which the "fantasy tales" are done in Seussian rhyme. There are also sound checks, gags, and "real-life" portions of the show.
Gerald McBoing-Boing logo
|Created by||Dr. Seuss (characters)|
|Narrated by||Deann deGruijter|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (26 shows)|
|Running time||22 minutes (11 minutes per segment) (approx. per episode)|
|Production company(s)||Classic Media|
Cookie Jar Entertainment
|Distributor||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|Original network||Teletoon (Canada)|
Cartoon Network (United States)
|Original release||August 22, 2005 –|
November 28, 2007
Gerald still only makes sounds (and, unlike the UPA specials, is actually praised for it), but he now has two speaking friends, Janine and Jacob, as well as a dog named Burp, who only burps (accompanied by someone, usually Gerald's mother, saying "excuse me" afterwards). Gerald's parents (names unknown) also fill out the regular cast. The television series was produced in Canada by Cookie Jar Entertainment, and directed by Robin Budd and story edited/written by John Derevlany. The animation was done by Mercury Filmworks in Ottawa & Vancouver. The music and score for the series was composed by Ray Parker and Tom Szczesniak.
Voice cast and their charactersEdit
Episodes and segmentsEdit
52 segments in 26 episodes were produced:
- "Cuckoos & Pirates"
"Parades, Honking & Mumbling Mummies"
- "Monkeys, Wrestling & The World's Greatest Super Spy"
"The Dentist, The Sheep & The Two Anniversary Gifts"
- "Ghosts, Owls & An Evil Witch"
"Art, Glass & The Deep Dark Jungle"
- "Carnivals, Phones & Sneezing Dragons"
"Cars, Bees & Magic Puppies"
- "Good Deeds, Librarians & Aliens"
"Tornado, Chicken & Circus"
- "Burp, Cry Baby Blues & The Return of Scritchy McBeard"
"Videos, Cats & Superheroes"
- "Dog Tricks, Spare Change & The Lost Snowmen"
"Mini-Golf, Checkers & Bad Manners"
- "Swings, Cans & The Flying Ace"
"Photos, Radio & Knights"
- "Hot Rod, Elevators & Genie Meanie"
"Cheese, Birds & Cave Kids"
- "Hide-N-Seek, Escapes & The Beanstalk"
"Haircuts, Opera & The Albino Alligator"
- "Camping, Watchdogs & Janinerella"
"Hardware, Hair & Hairy Weather"
- "Thin Ice, Squeaky Shoes & Leprechauns"
"Museum, Coyotes & A Race Around the World"
- "Hopscotch, Hugs & Hunchbacks"
"Lost Dogs, Horses & Monsters"
- "Sleepover, Chalkboard & Trojan Cow"
"Popcorn, Shadows & 20,000 Boings Under the Sea"
- "Burping Hero, Dog Whistle & The Incredible Shrinking Gerald"
"Play, Cleaning & The Royal Crown Quest"
- "Telescopes, Hiccups & The Boing Boing Express"
"Book Clubs, Broccoli & The Mighty Ding Dong"
- "Loud, Drive-thru & Ben Hur"
"Stings, Beeps & Pings"
- "Monsters, Snowblowers & The Planet Bedtime"
"Fairs, Mimes & Dragons"
- "Doctor, Pigeons & Gerald McShakespeare"
"Baby Sister, Chalk & King Gerald"
- "Ice, Fog & Wolves"
"Auctions, Soda Pop & The Surfing Thief"
- "Karate, Slurps & Wrinklystiltskin"
"Tap-dancing, Convertibles & The Three Musketeers"
- "Magic, Showers & Mermaids"
"Lunchboxes, Car Wash & Robot Jacob"
- "Planes, Parrots & Party Clothes"
"Growls, Paper & Flying Horses"
- "Fish, Skis & Rocket Ships"
"Strongman, Rock Star & Name That Sound"
- "Sports, Banks & Queen Long Big Nose the Third"
"Pinball, Parks & Princesses"
- "Red Light, Rain & Sneezing Flowers"
"Arcades, Scanners & News"