George Brown (footballer, born 1903)
|Date of birth||22 June 1903|
|Place of birth||Mickley, England|
|Date of death||10 June 1948(aged 44)|
|Place of death||Birmingham, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|The Football League XI||1|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
A centre-forward, he was the highest ever goal-scorer for Huddersfield Town with 159 goals; 142 in the League in 213 appearances and 17 from 16 outings in the FA Cup. Signed straight from his pit team at Mickley in May 1921, he was eventually sold to Aston Villa in August 1929 for £5,000.
For Villa he scored a total of 89 goals in 126 games.
As a playerEdit
|Darlington||October 1936||October 1938||90||23||45||22||25.6|
- Woolwinder (22 August 1921). "First Division prospects. Huddersfield Town". Athletic News. Manchester. p. 5.
- George Brown at Soccerbase
- George Brown management career statistics at Soccerbase
- Aston Villa profile
- Profile on www.englandstats.com
- Profile on www.englandfc.com