George Bogin Memorial Award
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Poetry Society of America's George Bogin Memorial Award is given "by the family and friends of George Bogin for a selection of four or five poems that use language in an original way to reflect the encounter of the ordinary and the extraordinary and to take a stand against oppression in any of its forms."
Each winner receives a $500 prize.
- 2018: Brian Tierney, Judge: Daniel Borzutzky, Finalists Catherine Imbriglio and Cate Lycurgus
- 2017: Marie La Viña, Judge: Victoria Redel, Finalists: Beth Bachmann, Kai Carlson-Wee, Aidan Forster, and Brian Tierney
- 2016: Adam O. Davis, Judge: Eduardo Corral, Finalists: Shara Lessley and Purvi Shah
- 2015: Dean Rader, Judge: Stephen Burt, Finalists: Nina Puro and Diana Khoi Nguyen
- 2014: Gary Young, Judge: Jessica Greenbaum, Finalists: Meena Alexander and Jane Wong
- 2013: Paula Bohince, Judge: Cate Marvin, Finalists: Jamaal May, Lucy Ricciardi
- 2012: Suji Kwock Kim, Judge: Evie Shockley, Finalists: Rebecca Morgan Frank, Mary Morris
- 2011: Suji Kwock Kim, Judge: Aimee Nezhukumatathil, Finalists: Hadara Bar-Nadav, Rebecca Morgan Frank, Leslie Williams
- 2010: Sawnie Morris, Judge: Hettie Jones
- 2009: Rusty Morrison, Judge: John Yau
- 2008: Theresa Sotto, Judge: Prageeta Sharma
- 2007: Wayne Miller, Judge: Eleni Sikelianos
- 2006: Kevin Prufer, Judge: Marie Howe
- 2005: G.C. Waldrep
- 2004: Kevin Prufer, Judge: Tory Dent
- 2003: Susan Terris, Judge: Sonia Sanchez
- 2002: Kevin Prufer, Judge: Jill Bialosky
- 2001: Brian Henry
- "PSA Annual Awards Guidelines" Web page at the Web site of the Poetry Society of America. Retrieved December 18, 2006.
-  Poetry Society of America main awards Web page