George Sanger (musician)
George Alistair Sanger (born December 14, 1957, from Austin, Texas), also known as "The Fat Man", is an American musician who has composed music for computer and video games, beginning in 1983. Some of his best-known works include The 7th Guest, Wing Commander, Hard Nova, Maniac Mansion (NES version), Loom, Tux Racer, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Sanger leads the band Team Fat, which also includes fellow video game music composers Dave Govett, Joe McDermott and Kevin Weston Phelan. He has also written a novel, The Fat Man on Game Audio: Tasty Morsels of Sonic Goodness, described by him as, "a book about game audio wrapped in a biography wrapped in a philosophy on life."
|Birth name||George Alistair Sanger|
|Also known as||"The Fat Man"|
|Born||December 14, 1957|
|Genres||Video game music|
|Associated acts||Team Fat, Alexander Brandon|
George Sanger and Team Fat have released three albums:
- 7/11 – based on the music from The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour
- Flabby Rode
Awards and recognitionEdit
On March 5, 2015 George Sanger received the Game Audio Network Guild (GANG) Lifetime Achievement Award.
- George A. Sanger at Facebook.
- "The Fat Man – FAQ's". Fat Man homepage. June 4, 2006. Retrieved December 25, 2006.
- Sanger, George. The Fat Man on Game Audio: Tasty Morsels of Sonic Goodness (Paperback). New Riders Games. ISBN 1-59273-009-4.
- "George Alistair Sanger Video Game Credits and Biography". MobyGames.
- "2007 Game Developers Choice Awards To Honor Miyamoto, Pajitnov". Gamasutra. Retrieved February 12, 2007.
- "13th Annual GANG Awards Winners". GANG.
- Homepage of The Fat Man & Team Fat
- George Sanger's profile at MobyGames
- Artist profile at OverClocked ReMix
- The Fat Man discography at MusicBrainz
- George Sanger discography at MusicBrainz
- The Fat Man and Team Fat discography at MusicBrainz
- "Hangin with The Fat Man" Wired Magazine: Poole, Gary Andrew (Mar. 1997)
- Project Bar-B-Q Annual Interactive Music Conference: A Conference Hosted by The Fat Man
- Fat Man in the Gastrokunst-Project of Austrian art-collective Monochrom