Geoffrey Himes is an American music critic who has written weekly for the Washington Post since 1977. He has also written for No Depression as a contributing editor since 1998 and has written for Paste since 2004. He has written lyrics for songs that have been recorded by multiple artists, including Billy Kemp & the Paradise Rockers and Mojo Filter. He has won the Deems Taylor Award from the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers four times (in 2002, 2005, 2014, and 2016).
- Barker, David (2007-10-15). 33 1/3 Greatest Hits. A&C Black. p. 109. ISBN 9780826428769.
- "Articles, interviews and reviews from Geoffrey Himes". Rock's Backpages. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- Himes, Geoffrey. "Why We Still Need Music Criticism". pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- "Geoffrey Himes". Oxford American. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- "Music Journalist Geoffrey Himes Gives His Definition of Americana". No Depression. 2016-11-24. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- "46th Annual Deems Taylor, Virgil Thomson Award Winners Honored". www.ascap.com (Press release). Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- "48th Annual ASCAP Foundation Deems Taylor/Virgil Thomson Award Winners Announced". www.ascapfoundation.org (Press release). Retrieved 2017-08-05.