GeneXus is a Cross-Platform, knowledge representation-based development tool, mainly oriented to enterprise-class applications for Web applications, smart devices and the Microsoft Windows platform. A developer describes an application in a high-level, mostly declarative language, from which native code is generated for multiple environments.
|Preview release||Non [±]|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||English, Japanese, Spanish Chinese|
|Type||Application framework, Rapid Application Development, Knowledge-based development tool|
It includes a normalization module, which creates and maintains an optimal database structure based on the user views of the reality described in a declarative (rule-based) language.
The latest version is Genexus 16, which was released in September 24th, 2018.
- Official website
- GeneXus For Mobile Devices
- GeneXus Marketplace
- Community forum
- GeneXus Community Wiki
- K2BTools - WorkWith Pattern and more
- Ignia Framework - First GeneXus development framework.
- Product integrated design knowledge model Genexus use in R&D project in China
- Economic analysis of software clusters in Uruguay. Genexus is on p9-11 Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (2007).
- Policy and Security Configuration Management project Genexus is used in R&D project co-funded by the European Community in Austria (2010 - 2012). p61.
- Analysis of Uruguay and Argentina’s Software Industry Development featuring the Genexus case Brause & Kliksberg. MIT Sloan School of Management (2004).
- The Emergence of Successful Export Activities in Uruguay: Four Case Studies Genexus is one of the cases p63-73