Geneva Carr (born May 6, 1971) is an American television and stage actress with an extensive acting resume. She is best known for her portrayal of Marissa Morgan on the CBS television series Bull and for her performance as Margery in the original Broadway cast of Hand to God, earning a nomination for the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play.
|Born||May 6, 1971|
Jackson, Mississippi, U.S.
|Education||Mount Holyoke College, ESCP Europe|
|Spouse(s)||Yuji Yamazaki (2014–2015)|
|Relatives||George Carr II (brother)|
Joseph Carr (brother)
Early life and careerEdit
Carr studied French at Mount Holyoke College and initially had a career in banking before deciding to become an actress. She studied French in Paris and earned her MBA in Business from ESCP. She studied acting with Jane Hoffman at the Actors Studio. To support herself while she honed her craft and auditioned for parts, Carr waited on tables, bartended, and did gigs as a voice actress.
|2001||The 3 Little Wolfs||Shannen Wolf|
|2002||Fish in the Sea Is Not Thirsty||Veronique||Short film|
|2005||Charlie's Party||Mitsy Ann|
|2005||One Last Thing...||Hospital Administrator||Uncredited|
|2007||Then She Found Me||Woman in Her 20s|
|2008||College Road Trip||Mrs. O'Mally|
|2009||Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead||Charlotte Lawrence|
|2009||It's Complicated||Woman at Fertility Clinic|
|2010||Case Closed||Angela Biggs||Short film|
|2010||Love & Other Drugs||Viagra Nurse #2|
|2011||High Maintenance||Melissa||Short film|
|2011||The Melancholy Fantastic||Mrs. Wiley|
|2012||Visions of Joanna||Joanna Wyatt||Short film|
|1997||Spin City||Kathy||Episode: "The Thirty Year Itch"|
|2002||Sex and the City||Delivery Nurse||Episode: "I Heart NY"|
|2003||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Camilla||Episode: "Pravda"|
|2004||Chappelle's Show||Airline Employee||Episode: "2.6"|
|2004||Third Watch||Caroline/Sarah Guile||2 episodes|
|2004||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Margo Sanders||Episode: "Weak"|
|2005||Jonny Zero||Mrs. Weston||Episode: "No Good Deed"|
|2005||Hope & Faith||Kathy||2 episodes|
|2005||Law & Order: Trial by Jury||Talia Rawlings||Episode: "Baby Boom"|
|2005–2009||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Faith Yancy||6 episodes|
|2007||What Goes On||Naomi Knowles||Unknown episodes|
|2007||Two Families||N/A||TV movie|
|2009||The Unusuals||Cheryl Thayler||Episode: "The E.I.D."|
|2009||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Katie Harris||Episode: "Unstable"|
|2009||Law & Order||Larry's Accountant||Episode: "Reality Bites"|
|2010||How to Make It in America||Tiny Apartment Mom||Episode: "Unhappy Birthday"|
|2010||Team Umizoomi||(voice)||Episode: "The Ghost Family Costume Party"|
|2010||The Good Wife||Beth||Episode: "Bad Girls"|
|2011||Onion News Network||Diane Connor||Recurring role (6 episodes)|
|2011||Rescue Me||Pamela Keppler||4 episodes|
|2012||Person of Interest||Nurse Liz Picket||Episode: "Critical"|
|2012||Blue Bloods||Sally Burton||Episode: "Secrets and Lies"|
|2013||Yoga Partner||Tanya||Unknown episodes|
|2013||Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell||Tiffany||Episode: "Devil in the Details"|
|2013||Elementary||Rebecca Burrell||Episode: "Déjà Vu All Over Again"|
|2014||The Mysteries of Laura||Danielle Bailey||Episode: "The Mystery of the Mobile Murder"|
|2015||Younger||Mary Beth Bell||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2015||Deadbeat||Linda||Episode: "The Ex-orcism"|
|2015||Law and Order: Special Victims Unit||Pam Baker||Episode: "Patrimonial Burden"|
|2016||I Shudder||Susan Marie Henglebert||TV movie|
|2016–present||Bull||Marissa Morgan||Main cast|
|2011||Saints Row: The Third||Radio Voices|
- "Geneva Carr Theatre Credits". www.broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "'Hand to God' - Devilish comedy burns bright on Broadway". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- Levitt, Hayley (May 14, 2015). "Hand to God's Geneva Carr Chose the Road Not Taken and Wound Up at the Tony Awards: How a banker becomes a Broadway front-runner". Theater Mania. Retrieved December 3, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Vincentelli, Elisabeth (May 30, 2015). "Meet the banker who traded in her briefcase for Broadway". New York Post. Retrieved December 3, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Profile, lifestorynet.com; accessed June 7, 2015.
- Profile, broadwayworld.com; accessed June 7, 2015.
- Cardiga, Manuela (2020-04-23). "Meet Geneva Carr Who Plays Marissa Morgan on CBS' 'Bull' and Was Once a Banker". news.amomama.com. Retrieved 2020-09-10.
- Howard, Theresa (March 29, 2009). "AT&T ads stick with family in love with rollover minutes". USA Today. Retrieved December 3, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Petski, Denise (2016-03-03). "Geneva Carr Joins CBS Drama Pilot 'Bull'; Fox's 'The Exorcist' Adds Kurt Egyiawan". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- Geneva Carr at IMDb
- Geneva Carr at the Internet Broadway Database
- Personal website with complete filmography
- New York Times Filmography
- Undead picture website
- Photographs at Broadway World
- Photographs at MyCeleb