2020 Genesis G90
|Also called||Genesis EQ900 (Korean: 제네시스 EQ900, before facelift)|
|Assembly||Hyundai Motors Ulsan Plant, Ulsan, South Korea|
Russia: Kaliningrad (Avtotor)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Full-size luxury car (F)|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Wheelbase||3,160 mm (124.4 in)|
|Length||5,200 mm (204.7 in)|
|Width||1,920 mm (75.6 in)|
|Height||1,500 mm (59.1 in)|
Initial release (HI; 2016–present)Edit
The US market vehicle was unveiled at the 2016 North American International Auto Show (G90). Early models included 3.3, 3.3 HTRAC, 3.8, 3.8 HTRAC, and 5.0 HTRAC. US models of the G90 went on sale in September 2016 at Genesis retailers as 2017 model year vehicles. Early models included the 3.3T, 3.3T HTRAC, 5.0, 5.0 HTRAC.
The Genesis G90 has the same 3.3-liter V6 as the current Kia Stinger and makes 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft. of torque. The G90 Ultimate has a larger 5.0-liter V8 with 420 horsepower and 383 lb-ft. of torque. Both engines are available with all-wheel drive.
The G90L is a long wheelbase version of the G90 sold in Korea as the EQ900L. Early models included the 5.0 HTRAC.
1st Facelift (2018)Edit
A restyled G90 launched in Korea on November 27, 2018. The EQ900 was renamed to the G90 in the domestic market.
|3.3T||2015-present||3,342 cc (203.9 cu in) V6 Lambda II T-GDi (G6DP)||370 PS (272 kW; 365 hp)@6000||52.4 kg⋅m (514 N⋅m; 379 lbf⋅ft)@1300–4500||6.2s|
|3.8||3,778 cc (230.5 cu in) V6 Lambda II GDi (G6DN)||315 PS (232 kW; 311 hp)@6000||40.5 kg⋅m (397 N⋅m; 293 lbf⋅ft)@5000||6.9s|
|5.0||5,038 cc (307.4 cu in) V8 Tau GDi (G8BE)||413 PS (304 kW; 407 hp)@6000 (Regular)
425 PS (313 kW; 419 hp)@6000 (Premium)
|51.4 kg⋅m (504 N⋅m; 372 lbf⋅ft)@5000 (Regular)
53.0 kg⋅m (520 N⋅m; 383 lbf⋅ft)@5000 (Premium)
All models include 8-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC. It is available as a rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive (HTRAC).
As of 2015-11-24 (a day after pre-order began), pre-orders of EQ900 reached 4,342 units. As 2015-12-09, pre-orders of G90 exceeded 10,000 units.
As of 2016-12-01, sales of G90 by Hyundai Motor America reached 403 units, with 301 units sold in November 2016.
As of 2017-02-01, 468 units of G90 sedan were sold by Hyundai Motor America.
In 2017, 12,300 Genesis EQ900s were sold in South Korea.
- "Avtotor has started the production of the Genesis G90 premium sedan". RusAutoNews.Com. 1 November 2016. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Genesis G90 specifications. Car & Driver. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- Hyundai Press Conference | 2016 NAIAS Live
- Genesis Brand Launches its First Model, G90
- Meet Hyundai's new flagship, the Genesis G90
- GENESIS ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR ITS G90 LUXURY FLAGSHIP SEDAN
- 2017 Genesis G90 signals Equus' evolution
- Reyes, Alvin (2019-11-28). "2020 Genesis G90: It's a Whole Lot of Car". Automoblog. Retrieved 2019-12-11.
- Hyundai's Genesis G90 stretches out back home in Korea
- 'EQ900' 사전계약 물량 1만대 돌파
- HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA REPORTS RECORD NOVEMBER SALES
- HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA REPORTS ITS BEST JANUARY EVER