This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gaynor Kay Faye (born 26 August 1971), also known as Gaynor Mellor, is an English actress and writer, best known for playing Judy Mallett in Coronation Street from 1995 until 1999 and Megan Macey in Emmerdale from 2012 until 2019
Faye and Matt Evers on the Dancing on Ice tour in 2010
Gaynor Kay Mellor
26 August 1971
Faye has played the roles of Holly Quinn in Playing the Field; Lauren Harris in Fat Friends; Georgia Lovett in Between the Sheets and Julie in Stan the Man. She has also written two episodes of Fat Friends.
She has also brought out a video based on the exercise routine she followed during Dancing on Ice.
In September 2010, she was a guest panellist on ITV's Loose Women.
In 2011, Faye played Zarina Wix in children's programme, Dani's House.
In October 2011, it was announced that Faye would join the ITV soap opera Emmerdale, playing Declan Macey's ambitious half-sister Megan Macey. Megan first appeared on-screen on 21 February 2012. Faye left the role in 2019.
Personal life and familyEdit
Faye lives with long-term partner Mark Pickering in Leeds, West Yorkshire. They have two children.
- Updates, Emmerdale (19 May 2019). "OK! Magazine cover confirms Gaynor Faye is quitting #Emmerdale". Twitter. OK Magazines UK. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Jardine, Cassandra (17 March 2009). "Calendar Girls: the stage show". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Celebrity Interview: Gaynor Faye". Yorkshire Evening Post. 1 December 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Kay Mellor: ‘Steven Spielberg rang me up in Topshop’, The Guardian
- "Time of her life". The Guardian. London, UK. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Emmerdale's Gaynor Faye: 'I can't wait to open a bottle of wine on Friday evenings'". Daily Express. 22 February 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2014.