|Full name||Gavin Ramon Smellie|
|Born||June 26, 1986|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Event(s)||4 × 100m relay|
Born in Saint Andrew Parish, Jamaica, Smellie moved to Etobicoke in Canada at the age of 14. Smellie is a graduate of Western Kentucky University which he attended on an athletic scholarship. He represented the WKU Hilltoppers in collegiate track and field competitions. He participated in the 2012 Summer Olympics in the 4 × 100 m relay with teammates Jared Connaughton, Oluseyi Smith and Justyn Warner. In the final, the Canadian relay team arrived in third place and initially believed they had won bronze but they were disqualified when officials judged that Connaughton had stepped on the lane line just before passing the baton. The relay team from Trinidad and Tobago were awarded the bronze. Smellie was selected to represent Canada at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- "Gavin Smellie". olympic.ca. Canadian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Juzenas, Frank (July 13, 2012). "Smellie named to Olympic relay team". Inside Halton. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Gavin Smellie". London2012.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Gavin Smellie Profile". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- "Former Hilltopper Gavin Smellie To Represent Canada In 2012 Olympics". Western Kentucky University. 7 March 2012. Archived from the original on 17 July 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Gavin Smellie". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on December 13, 2012.
- Smith, Doug (August 11, 2012). "London 2012: Canada disqualified in men's 4x100 relay". Toronto Star. Retrieved 14 August 2012.