Gaspard Ulliel (French pronunciation: [ɡaspaʁ yljɛl]; born 25 November 1984) is a French actor and model. He is best known for portraying serial killer Hannibal Lecter in Hannibal Rising (2007) and fashion mogul Yves Saint Laurent in the biopic Saint Laurent (2014), and for being the face of the Chanel men's fragrance, Bleu de Chanel.
Ulliel in 2018
|Born||25 November 1984|
Boulogne-Billancourt, Hauts-de-Seine, France
|Partner(s)||Gaëlle Piétri (2013–present)|
Ulliel was nominated for a César Award for the category of Most Promising Actor in 2002 and 2003. In 2004, he won that award for his role in A Very Long Engagement, which co-starred Audrey Tautou. In 2017, he won the César Award for Best Actor for his role in It's Only the End of the World.
Life and careerEdit
Ulliel was born in Boulogne-Billancourt (a suburb of Paris), to Christine, a runway show producer, and Serge Ulliel, a stylist. He has a scar on his left cheek as a result of an attack from a doberman when he attempted to ride the dog like a horse at the age of six. He quipped that the scar increases his emotional acting abilities because it looks like a dimple.
Ulliel attended the University of Saint-Denis, where he studied cinema. He began acting while he was still at school, appearing in Une Femme En Blanc, a film for French television. He also performed at the Cours Florent, where he was discovered by Les égarés director André Téchiné.
He began appearing in made-for-television films during the late 1990s and early 2000s, and then began to be known as a film actor in France, as well as starring in the title role in the movie Hannibal Rising, his first English-language film.
In 2007, he appeared on the cover of the January issue of French Vogue with supermodel Doutzen Kroes. Ulliel later was chosen as the face of Chanel for its new men's fragrance, Bleu de Chanel. The film for the campaign was directed by Academy Award-winning director Martin Scorsese and debuted in August 2010.
In 2016, he appeared in two films: the lead role in Xavier Dolan's It's Only the End of the World; and in Stephanie Di Giusto's The Dancer, an unconventional biopic of American dancer Loie Fuller. He will also star in Guillaume Nicloux's Les Confins du Monde, opposite Gérard Depardieu.
In 2017, he was nominated for the Jury Prize for Best Actor at the Riviera International Film Festival for his role in Xavier Dolan's It's Only the End of the World alongside co-star Vincent Cassel. The film was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize for Best Picture as well.
Since 2013, Ulliel has been in a relationship with French model-singer Gaëlle Piétri. On November 9, 2015, it was announced that the couple were expecting their first child together. The birth of the couple's son was announced on February 9, 2016.
|1997||Mission protection rapprochée||Olivier Rousseau||1 episode|
|1998||Bonnes vacances||Joël||TV movie|
|1999||Le Refuge||Quentin||1 episode|
|La Bascule||Olivier Baron||TV movie|
|Juliette||Nicolas Dastier||TV movie|
|2000||Julien l'apprenti||Julien at 14||TV movie|
|L'Oiseau rare||Gaspard||TV movie|
|2004||Navarro||Thierry Morlaas||1 episode|
|2009||Myster Mocky présente||Various||1 episode|
|2016||Vadim Mister Cool||Récitant / Narrator (voice)||TV movie|
|2018||Il était une seconde fois||Vincent Dauda|
|2012||Entertaining Mr Sloane||Joe Orton||Michel Fau|
|2015||Démons||Lars Norén||Marcial Di Fonzo Bo|
- "Gaspard Ulliel, César 2005 du Meilleur Jeune Espoir Masculin dans UN LONG DIMANCHE DE FIANÇAILLES". Vimeo. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- Murnick, Carolyn (December 2004). "Gaspard Ulliel: heating up movies and heading for the front lines". FindArticles. Retrieved 2007-02-05.
- Murray, Rebecca (2007-02-05). "Gaspard Ulliel Talks About Playing Hannibal Lecter in "Hannibal Rising"". About.com. Retrieved 2007-02-05.
- Sowray, Bibby (2012-11-05). "London Fashion Week". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- "Gaspard Ulliel au coeur du prochain Dolan" (in French). lapresse.ca. April 30, 2015. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Gaspard Ulliel, Melanie Thierry Join Period Drama 'Dancer'". Variety. September 11, 2015. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Gérard Depardieu et Gaspard Ulliel dans le prochain film de Guillaume Nicloux !" (in French). allocine.fr. June 16, 2015. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Gaspard Ulliel & Cécile Cassel @ Spider-Man 3" (in French). acausedesgarcons.com. April 30, 2007. Archived from the original on May 2, 2007. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Gaspard Ulliel et Cécile Cassel : c'est fini !" (in French). ninapeople.com. July 25, 2007. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Avant Charlotte Casiraghi, Gaspard Ulliel a charmé Cécile Cassel" (in French). legossip.net. February 23, 2015. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Gaspard Ulliel a une nouvelle copine" (in French). people.ados.fr. November 28, 2008. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Gaspard Ulliel bientôt papa" (in French). closermag.fr. November 9, 2015. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Gaspard Ulliel et Gaëlle Pietri attendent un enfant" (in French). gala.fr. November 10, 2015. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "EXCLU PARIS MATCH - Gaspard Ulliel papa pour la première fois" (in French). Paris Match. February 9, 2016. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- "Gaspard Ulliel est papa d'un petit garçon" (in French). gala.fr. February 10, 2016. Retrieved May 13, 2016.