Gary Robert Habermas|
June 28, 1950
|Education||BRE (1972), MA (1973), PhD (1976)|
William Tyndale College|
University of Detroit
Michigan State University
Distinguished Research Professor|
Chair, Department of Philosophy
Life and careerEdit
Habermas is Distinguished Professor of Apologetics and Philosophy and chairman of the department of philosophy and theology at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. He holds a PhD (1976) from Michigan State University in history and philosophy of religion and a master's degree (1973) from the University of Detroit in philosophical theology. He has specialized in cataloging and communicating trends among scholars in the field of historical Jesus and New Testament studies.
- Why is God Ignoring Me? (Tyndale House Publishers, 2010).
- A Conversation with Gary Habermas and Antony Flew: Did the Resurrection Happen? (InterVarsity Press, 2009).
- with John Thomas What's Good about Feeling Bad?: Finding Purpose and a Path through Your Pain, (Tyndale, 2008).
- with Jerry Walls & David Baggett C.S. Lewis as Philosopher, (InterVarsity, 2008).
- Resurrected? : An Atheist and Theist Dialogue, (Rowman & Littlefield, 2005).
- with Licona, Michael The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus, (Kregel, 2004).
- with Moreland, J.P. Beyond Death: Exploring the Evidence for Immortality, (Crossway, 2004).
- The Risen Jesus & Future Hope, (Rowman & Littlefield, 2003).
- The Thomas Factor: Using Your Doubts to Draw Closer to God (Broadman & Holman, 1999).
- The Historical Jesus: Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ (College Press: Joplin, MI 1996).
- Ancient Evidence for the Life of Jesus: Historical Records of His Death and Resurrection
- Dealing With Doubt (Moody Press, 1990)
- Gary R. Habermas and Antony G. N. Flew, Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? The Resurrection Debate, ed. Terry L. Miethe (San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1987; Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2003).
- "EPS Author Profile". Evangelical Philosophical Society.