Garry Goodrow (November 4, 1933 – July 22, 2014) was an American actor best known for his role in the original stage production of the Obie Award-winning play The Connection (1959) and the film version of the play (1961), and as one of the original cast members of The Committee. In The Connection, Goodrow played the young, intense, morose, would-be jazz musician Ernie, a heroin addict whose horn is more often than not at the pawn shop. His appearance in the 1961 film was his first film role.
The Malone, New York-born Goodrow made over 50 film and television appearances, including roles in Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969), Gold (1972), Steelyard Blues (1973), Stay Hungry (1976), American Hot Wax (1978), Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), Escape from Alcatraz (1979), Cardiac Arrest (1980), The Hollywood Knights (1980), Breathless (1983), The Prey (1984), My Man Adam (1985), The Longshot (1986), Dirty Dancing (1987), and Circuitry Man (1990). In 1973, he appeared in National Lampoon's Lemmings, which featured relative unknowns John Belushi and Chevy Chase. Goodrow, replacing Elliott Gould, joined the traveling anti-war agitprop performances of "F.T.A.", in the early 1970s, featuring actors Jane Fonda, Larry Hankin, Donald Sutherland, Peter Boyle, Howard Hesseman, singers Holly Near, Barbara Dane, and many others.
Goodrow died on July 22, 2014, aged 80, in Jersey City, N.J. He is survived by a son Jason, and a daughter Georgia.
- The Connection (1961) - Ernie
- The Moving Finger (1963)
- Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) - Bert
- Summertree (1971) - Ginsberg
- Glen and Randa (1971) - Magician
- The King of Marvin Gardens (1972) - Nervous Man
- Gold (1972) - Cpt. Harold Jinks
- Steelyard Blues (1973) - Duval Jax
- Slither (1973) - Man with Camera
- Road Movie (1973)
- Linda Lovelace for President (1975) - Adolph Von Luftwafter
- Fore Play (1975) - TV Director
- Stay Hungry (1976) - Moe Zwick
- The Liberation of Honeydoll Jones (1977) - Earl Jarvis (uncredited)
- American Hot Wax (1978) - Louise's Dad
- Foul Play (1978) - Henpecked Husband
- Coming Attractions (1978) - Narrator (voice)
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - Dr. Boccardo
- Escape from Alcatraz (1979) - Weston
- Cardiac Arrest (1980) - Clancy Higgins
- Hero at Large (1980) - TV Reporter
- The Hollywood Knights (1980) - Jack Friedman
- Eating Raoul (1982) - Drunk Swinger
- Breathless (1983) - Tony Berrutti
- Off the Wall (1983) - Happy Prisoner
- Hard to Hold (1984) - Maitre d'
- The Lost Empire (1984) - Doctor
- The Prey (1984) - Sgt. Parsons
- The Sure Thing (1985) - Pick-Up Driver
- My Man Adam (1985) - Mr. Drum
- Once Bitten (1985) - Wino
- The Longshot (1986) - Josh
- Dirty Dancing (1987) - Moe Pressman
- Amazon Women on the Moon (1987) - Checker Player (segment "Son of the Invisible Man")
- A Shock to the System (1990)
- Circuitry Man (1990) - Jugs
- Quick Change (1990) - Radio D. J.
- Once Around (1991) - (voice)
- Sudden Manhattan (1996) - Fainting Man
- Adventures of Power (2008) - Trenchcoat Man (final film role)
- Lentz III, Harris (March 2015). "Obituaries". Classic Images (477): 56.
- Garry Goodrow on IMDb
- , The Committee: A Secret History of American Comedy, The Committee Movie, July 25, 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- My Life So Far, Random House, Jane Fonda, Chapter Seven, pp. 269-275, 2005. Retrieved 7 June 2017.