Garfield (video game)
Garfield is a video game based on the comic strip of the same name. The game was released on the PlayStation 2 and Windows. It was developed by The Code Monkeys and published by Hip Games. It was the first 3D Garfield video game.
European Windows boxart
|Developer(s)||The Code Monkeys|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows|
The player (playing as Garfield) must clean the house and put everything in the right place before Jon gets home. Garfield uses the vacuum cleaner to suck out of place objects into the vacuum or fix paintings or pictures, and put out of place objects back in the right place by blowing them out. The game has a time limit of 8 hours and if the player has not cleaned the house in time, a cutscene plays showing Jon finding his house in ruins and the game going back to the main menu.
There are 15 rooms in the game, with some rooms being shared with other rooms. The player must clean these rooms to collect keys to open locked rooms, with color coded keys corresponding to their respective door. Various objects in the rooms, such as wall ornaments and basketballs, can be interacted with using the vacuum cleaner.
The player can only hold three items, and must go to storage boxes to store items they do not need at the moment. Player can also save the game at these storage boxes. There are also various mini games that the player can play, including a block matching game similar to Tetris, a jigsaw puzzle that uses pieces found in the house, and a race with Nermal.
The Garfield game received poor ratings. Superpanda of Jeuxvideo.com gave it a 5/20, and Aymeric of jeuxvideopc.com(a PC section of Jeuxvideo.com) heavily criticized the game, but did not give a score. PS2 UK magazine gave it a 2/10. Major points of criticism included boring gameplay, Odie constantly attacking the player and poor graphics.
- Jon Barnard: Garfield & Jon
- Pam Koldyke: Arlene
- Sarah Kristine: Nermal
- Riccardo Rodi: Garfield
- Claudio Rini: Jon
- Renata Perti: Arlene and Nermal
- Serge Thirlet: Garfield
- Patrick Borg: Jon
- Virgine Ledieu: Arlene and Nermal
- Luis Santa Maria: Garfield
- Juan Carlos Garcia: Jon
- Marina Rubio: Arlene
- Francisca Fernandez: Nermal
- Mark Hetterle: Garfield
- Stefan Müller-Ruppert: Jon
- Shandra Schadt: Arlene
- Nicole Boguth: Nermal
- Jacek Kawalec: Garfield
- "Garfield for PlayStation 2 (2004) MobyRank - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Test Garfield sur PC". Jeuxvideo.com (in French). Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- M6web. "Test de Garfield 2". jeuxvideo.fr (in French). Archived from the original on 2018-02-12. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Garfield - recenzja gry (3) | GRYOnline.pl". GRY-Online.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-07-20.