|Full name||Gareth Richard Sheldon|
|Date of birth||31 January 1980|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, England|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:00, 28 April 2013 (UTC)|
Sheldon's career at Exeter had alerted the attentions of Kidderminster Harriers manager Stuart Watkiss following the club's relegation to the Conference, and on 13 July 2005 they moved to sign him on a free transfer. The move failed to bring out the best in Sheldon, and following a disappointing season and the dismissal of Watkiss, he was released from his contract on 23 June 2006, having made 34 appearances and scored two goals.
He was picked up on the free transfer the same day by newly promoted League Two side Hereford United. However, Sheldon was unable to secure a regular first-team place. He made eight league appearances for the club, scoring once against Mansfield Town, and his contract was terminated by mutual consent on 27 February 2007.
On 16 May 2007, Sheldon signed for Tamworth of the Conference North division for the 2007–08 season. Playing in an advanced left-sided midfield position, he won player-of-the-year honours in an under-achieving side. Towards the end of the season, he was played in a central attacking position and his success here was carried over into Tamworth's encouraging start to the 2008–09 season.
- "Exeter sign winger". BBC News. 22 May 2002.
- "Harriers to sign Exeter's Sheldon". BBC News. 13 July 2005.
- "Seven let go in Harriers clearout". BBC News. 2 May 2006.
- "Hereford 1–3 Mansfield". BBC News. 13 January 2007.
- "Midfielder Sheldon leaves Bulls". BBC News. 27 February 2007.
- "Tamworth sign up veteran Taggart". BBC News. 16 May 2007.
- "Swifts make big statement of intent by signing star striker". ThisIsTamworth.co.uk. 15 July 2010. Archived from the original on 5 May 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- Gareth Sheldon at Soccerbase