Gareth Jones (lawyer)
Jones was born in 1930 in Tylorstown, in the Rhondda. He was educated at the Rhondda County School for Boys, University College London, St Catharine's College, Cambridge and Harvard College. He became a teaching fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge in 1961, becoming Senior Tutor in 1972, and was appointed Downing Professor of the Laws of England in 1974. Jones was Vice-Master of Trinity from 1986 to 1992, and from 1996 to 1999. He is a fellow of the British Academy. He became a foreign member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1991.
- Obituary, cam.ac.uk; accessed 30 August 2016.
- Fellows of the British Academy - British Academy Archived 2016-02-07 at the Wayback Machine
- "G.H. Jones". Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 30 January 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- Obituary, telegraph.co.uk; accessed 30 August 2016.
- Goff & Jones, The Law of Restitution, Author Professor Gareth Jones (7th Ed, Sweet & Maxwell, 2009)
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|