Gangseo District, Seoul
Gangseo District (Gangseo-gu) (Hangul: 강서구, Hanja: 江西區, Korean pronunciation: [ka̠ŋ.sʰʌ̹.ɡu]) is one of the 25 wards (gu) of Seoul, South Korea. It is located on the south side of the Han River. Gimpo Airport is in Gonghang-dong, where many flights fly to cities like Busan, Jeju, and Gwangju.
|강서구 · 江西區|
Location of Gangseo-gu in Seoul
|• Mayor||Noh Hyun-Song (노현송)|
|• Total||41.4 km2 (16.0 sq mi)|
|• Density||13,000/km2 (34,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (Korea Standard Time)|
07500 ~ 07899
|Website||Gangseo-gu official website|
- Balsan-dong (발산동 鉢山洞)
- Banghwa-dong (방화동 傍花洞)
- Gaehwa-dong (개화동 開花洞) --- called "beopjeongdong" administered by Banghwa-dong
- Deungchon-dong (등촌동 登村洞)
- Gayang-dong (가양동 加陽洞)
- Magok-dong (마곡동 麻谷洞) --- called "beopjeongdong" administered by Balsan-dong
- Gonghang-dong (공항동 空港洞)
- Gwahae-dong (과해동 果海洞) --- called "beopjeongdong" administered by Gonghang-dong
- Ogok-dong (오곡동 五谷洞) --- called "beopjeongdong" administered by Gonghang-dong
- Osoe-dong (오쇠동 五釗洞) --- called "beopjeongdong" administered by Gonghang-dong
- Hwagok-dong (화곡동 禾谷洞)
- Yeomchang-dong (염창동 鹽倉洞)
The Korea Airports Corporation headquarters, Korean Air's headquarters, Korean Airport Service, Ltd., and Air Total Service are located in Gonghang-dong in Gangseo District. Asiana Airlines's headquarters are located in Asiana Town in Osoe-dong, Gangseo District. Jin Air has its headquarters in Deungchon-dong, Gangseo District. Eastarjet has its headquarters in Banghwa 2-dong.
Government and infrastructureEdit
The Aviation and Railway Accident Investigation Board (ARAIB) FDR/CVR Analysis and Wreckage Laboratory is on the property of Gimpo International Airport in Gwahae-dong, Gangseo District. Previously the ARAIB had its headquarters in Gonghang-dong, Gangseo District. The ARAIB headquarters are now in Sejong City.
- Airport Railroad Co., Ltd.
- Seoul Subway Line 2 Sinjeong Branch
- Seoul Metro Line 9 Corporation
- Korean Statistical Information Service (Korean) > Population and Household > Census Result (2010) > Population by Administrative district, Sex and Age / Alien by Administrative district and Sex, Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Directions" (see enclosed map). Korea Airports Corporation. Retrieved on June 22, 2017. "07505 Korea Airports Corporation∥78 Haneul-gil Gangseo-gu, SEOUL" - Directions and address in Korean: "07505 서울 강서구 하늘길 78 한국공항공사 [ 전화번호 1661-2626 ]"
- "Company Info / Overview." Korean Air. Accessed September 20, 2008.
- "Company Info." Hanjin. Retrieved on November 19, 2008.
- "For foreigners residing in Korea Archived 2009-07-25 at the Wayback Machine." Asiana Airlines. Retrieved on July 28, 2009.
- "footer_copy.gif Archived 2012-03-02 at the Wayback Machine." Jin Air. Retrieved on October 9, 2010. "Address: 653-25 Deungchondong, Gangseogu, Seoul" Address in Korean Archived 2011-02-08 at the Wayback Machine: "서울강서구등촌동653-25"
- "copyrights.gif Archived 2012-03-26 at the Wayback Machine." Eastarjet. Retrieved on July 4, 2011. Address in Korean Archived 2012-03-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Office Location." (Archive) Aviation and Railway Accident Investigation Board. Retrieved on February 15, 2012. "Main Office:281, Gonghang-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul, Republic. of Korea 157-815" and "CVR/FDR analysis and wreckage laboratory : Gimpo International Airport 274 Gwahae-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul, Korea 157-711"