This article needs to be updated.March 2018)(
Gang Starz is a Malaysian-based reality singing competition that searches for the best vocal group in Southeast Asia. The winning group receives US$100,000, a recording contract, and a chance to expand their careers on a regional scale. It is currently on its second season.
Putri Andreanna (2007)
|Country of origin||Malaysia|
|Executive producer||Sufian Isa|
|Original network||TV3 Malaysia,|
ABC-5 Philippines (2008)
|Original release||February 7, 2007 –|
August 24, 2008
Casting began with auditions in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore, wherein 14 groups were selected (seven from Malaysia, five from Indonesia, and two from Singapore). Weekly eliminations were determined by 50% text votes and 50% judges' scores. The jury consisted of Vernon Kedit (talent manager), Maple Loo (choreographer), and Arab (songwriter). Although the competitors included those from other countries, the voting and broadcast was only available in Malaysia. The finale, however, was also shown in Indonesia's private television station TPI. The competition was won by The Lima, an all-male trio from Bandung, who received 33% of over 2.8 million votes.
The scope of competition was expanded with the inclusion of groups from Thailand and Philippines. It has been confirmed that Gang Starz will also be shown in the Philippines in Summer 2008. Auditions are currently being conducted.
The winner will receive US$100,000 (RM 330,000) cash.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)
- Dielenberg, Priscilla (January 8, 2008). "Bands audition for reality show". The Star Online. Archived from the original on May 21, 2011. Retrieved February 11, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Johan, Rizal (February 14, 2007). "Reach for the starz". The Star Online. Retrieved 2008-02-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Junaidi, A (June 9, 2007). "TPI to air TV3's Gang Starz finale". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2008-02-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[dead link]
- San Diego, Bayani Jr (February 7, 2008). "RP included in Asian tilt". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on February 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Chua, Dennis; et al. (December 30, 2007). "2007 in review: Talents, critics and some gems". The New Straits Times. Retrieved 2008-02-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[dead link]
- Asian Television Awards 2007, Shortlisted Nominees list Archived 2008-02-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "Asian singing group search to hold auditions in RP", ABC official website, Features section[permanent dead link]