|Known for||Visual Art|
Ganesh was born in 1936 in Jamalpur village in Mymensingh (now in Bangladesh) and spent much of his childhood. His family came to Calcutta, India in 1950 after the India-Pakistan Partition. In India, he started with a job of sketcher with Archaeological Survey of India to make copies of paintings in Ajanta Caves. He later worked at the Government College of Art and Craft as a faculty member.
Awards and recognitionEdit
- Manojmohan Basu Smarak Samman for his autobiography Amar Katha
- "Ganesh Haloi's work on display at Kolkata's Akar Prakar". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- "An unflinching gaze". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- "Artist Ganesh Haloi gets state award for autobiography". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- "Veteran Indian artist represents modern Indian art in a two-city exhibition in Europe". The Indian Express. 2017-05-16. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- Pioneer, The. "Memories on canvas". The Pioneer. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- "Form and Play: A new exhibition highlights how Ganesh Haloi's paintings oscillate between the seen and the sensed". Firstpost. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- Das, Soumitra (2018-01-13). "In Ganesh Haloi's expo, geometric forms get a life of their own". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- "Bengali beauties on canvas". The Asian Age. 2020-01-25. Retrieved 2020-03-03.