Gamma is the third letter of the Greek alphabet.
Gamma may also refer to:
Science and mathematicsEdit
- Gamma wave, a type of brain wave
- Latin gamma (ɣ), used as an IPA symbol for voiced velar fricative and in the alphabets of African languages
- Tropical Storm Gamma (2005), a 2005 Tropical Storm, that made landfall in Honduras
- Tropical Storm Gamma (2020), a 2020 Tropical Storm, that made landfall on the Yucatán Peninsula
- GAMMA, an extensive air shower array in Armenia
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), is a transferase present in the cell membranes of many tissues
Lower case, γEdit
- Gamma correction, a property of images and video displays
- Euler–Mascheroni constant, a mathematical constant
- Gamma test (statistics), sometimes called Goodman and Kruskal's gamma, a non-parametric statistical test for strength of association.
- Gamma ray, also gamma radiation, an electromagnetic ray
- Photon, seen as an elementary particle in physics
- Propagation constant of an electromagnetic wave
- Bayer designation, the third-brightest star
- Adiabatic index or heat capacity ratio, the ratio of the heat capacity at constant pressure to that at constant volume
- In engineering, used to denote
- Body effect on threshold voltage in field-effect transistor technology
- gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid, a narcotic (GHB)
- Lindane or gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane, an insecticide
- Lorentz factor in relativity theory and astronomy
- Gamma (eclipse) denotes how central (how close to the middle of the body) an eclipse is.
- Voiced velar fricative in phonetics
Upper case, ΓEdit
- Gamma distribution, a probability distribution function
- Gamma function, a mathematical function
- P-adic gamma function, a mathematical function
- Christoffel symbols in general relativity
- Circulation (fluid dynamics)
- Reflection coefficient in electrical engineering
- Gamma (finance), a second order derivative of an option pricing formula
- Center of the Brillouin zone
- Feferman–Schütte ordinal Γ0
- The representation of a molecule's symmetry elements in inorganic chemistry
- Decay width of a particle in high-energy physics
- Typing environment within a type system
- Gamma software, a stage in the software release life cycle
- Gamma correction, in video, graphics, color spaces, and photographic imaging
- Elias gamma coding, in computer science, encoding, compression
- GM Gamma platform, a subcompact automobile platform by General Motors
- Bristol Siddeley Gamma, a family of British rocket engines
- Hyundai Gamma engine, a family of 1.6 L gasoline inline-4 engines
- Suzuki RG250 Gamma, a two-stroke motorcycle
- Gamma (agency), a French photo agency
- Gamma (band), a rock band
- Gamma (miniseries), a 1975 Italian television miniseries
- Gamma (wrestler), a Japanese professional wrestler working for the Dragon Gate promotion
- E-102 Gamma, one of the E-Series characters in the Sonic the Hedgehog series of video games
- Γ, the emblem of the villain Waluigi in the Super Mario franchise.
- Gamma Akutabi, a fictional character from the manga Zombiepowder.
- Gamma Metroids, an evolution of the Metroid species from the game Metroid II: Return of Samus
- Gamma radiation, responsible for creation of, and the power source to, The Incredible Hulk and derivative characters
- Gamma chord, a type of musical chord
- The Gamma People, a 1956 British-American film
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gamma.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.