Jayadev Galla, also known as Jay Galla or Galla Jayadev, is an Indian politician and industrialist in India. He is the managing director of Amara Raja Group and TDP Parliamentary Party Leader. Jayadev is a member of 16th and 17th Lok Sabha of India representing from Guntur Lok Sabha constituency and a member of Telugu Desam Party.
|Member of Parliament for Guntur|
|Assumed office |
16 May 2014
|Preceded by||Rayapati Sambasiva Rao|
|Born||24 March 1966|
Diguvamagham, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Political party||Telugu Desam Party|
|Spouse(s)||Padmavathi Galla (1991–present)|
|Alma mater||University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign|
Jayadev was born in Diguvamagham, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh to Ramachandra Naidu Galla and Aruna Kumari Galla. His father is an industrialist who founded the Amara Raja Group. His mother Aruna Kumari Galla is a former MLA from Chandragiri constituency and was a minister in the Andhra Pradesh state government for several years. His grandfather Paturi Rajagopala Naidu was a freedom fighter, close associate of Acharya N G Ranga and a former Indian parliamentarian.
Along with his parents, Jayadev moved to USA, where he lived for around 22 years. He studied politics and economics at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, where he joined Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
Jay married Padmavathi Ghattamaneni, daughter of prominent Telugu film actor Krishna on 26 June 1991. They have two children – Siddharth Galla and Ashok Galla. He is known to be very close to his brother-in-law, Telugu actor Mahesh Babu.
One of the wealthiest politicians in India, Galla declared assets of ₹683 crore (US$96 million) in the 2014 general elections.
After his graduation, Jay worked as an international sales executive at GNB Battery Technologies in USA. On his return from the United States in 1992, he took up the task of setting up the sales and service network for the industrial battery division of Amara Raja. In 1992 along with his father Ramachandra Naidu Galla started looking at automotive batteries as viable business and tied up with Johnson Controls the US-based giant and gave then 26% stake in their company Amara Raja to start Amara Raja Batteries Limited (ARBL). ARBL is one of the leading manufacturers of advanced lead acid batteries in India. He took over as the managing director of Amara Raja Batteries in 2003 from his father. He has been trying to get into the steps of his mother by entering into politics.[clarification needed] He contested 16th Lok Sabha election from the Guntur Constituency in Andhra Pradesh and won with a big margin.
He spoke in Loksabha on 7 February 2018, regarding the Budget allocations to Andhra Pradesh in Union Budget 2018. Also he made comment that Bahubali Movie collections are more than the funds allocated to Andhra Pradesh. Accusing the NDA government of not doing anything to fulfill the promises made at the time of bifurcation of the state, Mr Galla wanted to know what the government did in the last four years.
Jayadev displayed the much needed political aggression in his 16-minute speech in Lok Sabha on the raw deal meted out for Andhra Pradesh in the Union Budget. Pointing out the enormous delay and apathy displayed by the Centre in fulfilling its obligations under AP Bifurcation Act, Jayadev demanded Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Prime Minister Narendra Modi an explanation to the people of AP. Galla powerfully articulated the deep sense of betrayal felt by the people of the state at the inexplicable cold attitude of the Centre. He cautioned the Centre against the prolonged neglect of the State and its requirements at its own peril. Excerpts from his emotional speech that won great appreciation for him from all the quarters: Sir, I do understand about trust an essential requirement for any partnership to continue. I also think that I can safely say that India has not seen her last days of coalition governments. What message do you want to send to your allies and potential allies mr. Prime Minister. Your allies are feeling neglected, betrayed and humiliated as are the five core people of Andhra Pradesh. We demand an explanation. In the budget there’s no mention of Amaravati, Polavaram, Railway zone, deficit budget, special package, not to mention the other commitments made in the AP Reorganization Act and the assurances made on the floor of the Raja Sabha by then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh ji, without which this bill would not have been passed and therefore should be considered sacrosanct.
Charitable Work =Edit
Jayadev Galla donated 2 cr to Guntur Genereal Hospital - his own money and another 2 crs from MPLAD funds.
Performance in the Lok Sabha, 2014–present 
|MP performance parameters (2014–present)||Jayadev Galla|
|Attendance in parliament||90%, against state average 74%|
|Questions raised||432, against state average 227|
|Number of cases||NONE|
|Debates participated||105, against state average 35|
|Score on committee attendance||9|
|Private Member Bills||6, against state average 0.8|
|Lok Sabha performance score||8.5 out of 10|
|Voter satisfaction score||8.5 out of 10|
- Raghunathan, Anuradha. "Charge!". Forbes.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Former Congress Minister Aruna Kumari Galla joins TDP with her Son". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. 8 March 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- M., Somasekhar. "Amara Raja's Jay Galla — all charged up to enter politics". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Amara Raja - Media - Management Team". www.AmaraRaja.co.in. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Management - Jayadev Galla, Managing Director, Amara Raja Batteries Ltd, India". www.GallaFoods.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Mahesh Babu at Galla". heyandhra. Archived from the original on 23 July 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Pride of Tamil Nadu - Sify.com". Sify.com. Archived from the original on 21 June 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Loksabha 2014 JAYADEV GALLA (Winner), GUNTUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)". ADR. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Jayadev Galla profile". Business Week. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Raghunathan, Anuradha. "Charge!". March 02, 2009. Forbes. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Untitled Document". www.Amaron.in. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Galla Jayadev Makes Us Proud in the Parliament". 2 December 2015.
- "'Baahubali' Collections More Than Centre's Help To Andhra Pradesh: TDP Lawmaker Jayadev Galla". NDTV.com. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "PRS". www.PRSIndia.org. 25 October 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- on YouTubeHMTV