Gaius Chibueze (born 3 March 1988) is an African businessman and entrepreneur. He is one of Africa's most influential pioneers in cryptocurrency trading particularly Bitcoin. He is popularly known as Bitcoin Chief. He was ranked among the top cryptocurrency traders in 2019 according to Binance. In 2018, he published his first book "How bitcoin changed my life". He has subsequently published 3 others books on cryptocurrency trading and business administration. He is the founder of Tatcoin A tradable token in the cryptocurrency market used as the official transactional currency of ABit Network, which focuses on blockchain technology and real estate He also owns the record label, Konvest music.
Gaius Chibueze Ngene
3 March 1988
|Other names||Bitcoin Chief, sosoflow|
|Alma mater||Sheffield Hallam University|
|Occupation||Blockchain entrepreneur, businessman, author|
|Known for||Cryptocurrency trading in Africa|
Oluchi Augusta Chibueze
Early life and educationEdit
Gaius was born on 3 March 1988 in Ikom, Cross River State. He attended Infant Jesus Academy Rukuba Road, Jos Plateau State in 1995 -1998. St Gregory Primary School Agbokim Waterfalls from 1998 - 2004. College of Education Akamkpa from 2010 - 2014. Sheffield Hallam University from 2019 - 2020.
Gaius started life as a rapper by the name sosoflow. This goes as far back as his school days at College of Education, Akamkpa in 2010. He performed at concerts within the Calabar region of the state before switching to artist management via his record label Konvest Music. He bought his first bitcoin in 2011. Since then he has been a very passionate cryptocurrency educator. In 2015, being an ardent social media user he declared his intention via Facebook to be the first man to visit his 5000 Facebook friends one on one. This controversial decision, dubbed “Facebook world tour”, was made with the intention of demonstrating how social media can be used for good. It gained him a lot of publicity with talks of sponsorship from Coca Cola, online crowd funding and even Facebook itself. He wrote a book about his cryptocurrency success in 2018 titled "How Bitcoin changed my Life: A guide to help you understand everything about bitcoin before putting in your money". In 2019, he wrote another book on the same subject titled "Get Rich off the Net: Proven Online Businesses that can make you a Millionaire in 6 Months with Step by Step Strategies". That same year he was ranked among the top cryptocurrency traders in Africa according to Binance. Being an investor and a major advocate of crypto education in Africa, in 2020 he was invited to Harvard Business School to make a presentation on blockchain technology at the African Business Conference with the focus of educating more Africans about cryptocurrency. Today he is one of Africa's most influential people in cryptocurrency trading.
- How Bitcoin changed my Life: A guide to help you understand everything about bitcoin before putting in your money. Independently Published (20 Sept. 2018). ISBN 978-1-726-76606-7
- Behind the Beauty and Glamour: The Censored Struggle of the 21st Century Entrepreneur. Independently Published (04 Dec. 2018). ISBN 978-1-790--74800-6
- Get Rich off the Net: Proven Online Businesses that can make you a Millionaire in 6 Months with Step by Step Strategies. Independently Published (15 Jan. 2019). ISBN 978-1-794--16542-7
- THE SCAM CALLED B.SC: Reasons You Should Drop Out Of School And Go Get The Education That Pays You. Independently Published (03 Mar. 2019). ISBN 978-1-090--16207-6
Gaius married Oluchi Augusta Chibueze in 2016. He has two sons Russell Ikemba Chibueze and Ekuri Chimaroke Chibueze.
- Nwanekwu, Lucky. "2019 sees first Nigerian emerge one of the world's top crypto traders". Businessday. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Tvplus, Crypto. "Gaius Chibueze A.K.A Bitcoin Chief Ranked Amongst Top 2019 Crypto Traders on Binance". Crypto Tvplus. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "WHY TATCOIN IS MAKING WAVES IN AFRICA". Techcabal. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "Tatcoin: Crypto's next big thing". Vanguard. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "Tatcoin founder 'Gaius Chibueze' reacts to CBN's ban on cryptocurrency transactions in Nigeria banks". Vanguard. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "Africa's new utility token gets more added value". Vanguard. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Nwanekwu, Lucky. "COVID 19: Bitcoin Entrepreneur, CEO, ABIT Gaius Chibueze supports Nigerians". Businessday. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Ashong, Andy. "Bitcoin Chief Puts A Billboard Of Himself In Front Of The Same Building He Used To Work As Cleaner In 2011". GH Gossip. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Nwanekwu, Lucky. "Tatcoin could be crypto's next big thing. Here's what this digital asset's all about". Premium Times. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "Konvest Music will transform Nigerian entertainment space –Gaius Chibueze Ngene". The Sun. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Mix, Pulse. "Meet Gaius Chibueze, former rapper turned businessman". Pulse. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "Gaius Chibueze Biography, Net Worth, Education And Early Life". coinist. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Okunola, Folarin. "27-year old Nigerian to tour the world and meet every Facebook friend". Pulse. Retrieved 21 February 2021.
- "Facebook User Wants To Meet His 5,000 Followers In Person". Information Nigeria. Retrieved 21 February 2021.
- "Hilarious! Gaius Chibueze Nigerian man wants to meet all his 5k Facebook friends in person". The Edge Search. Retrieved 21 February 2021.
- Christen, Gudtalent. "Biography of Gaius Chibueze, Bitcoin Chief And Author of How Bitcoin Changed My Life". Entrepreneur Platform. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Our, Reporter. "Harvard University plays host to Gaius Chibueze". Businessday. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Staff, Dailypost. "Gaius Chibueze: Decentralized solutions to Africa's problems: The ABiT advantage". Daily Post. Retrieved 2 February 2021.