Guseinov in 2016 Chess Olympiad
|Full name||Qədir Hüseynov|
|Born||21 May 1986|
Moscow, Russian SFSR, USSR
|FIDE rating||2664 (January 2019)|
|Peak rating||2667 (September 2009)|
|Peak ranking||No. 62 (January 2009)|
|2009 Novi Sad||Team|
|2011 Porto Carras||Team|
In 2008 tied for 1st–8th with Nigel Short, Vadim Milov, Aleksej Aleksandrov, Baadur Jobava, Alexander Lastin, Tamaz Gelashvili and Farid Abbasov in the President's Cup in Baku. Guseinov won the Ugra Governor's Chess Blitz Cup in 2011. In 2013 he tied for 1st–3rd with Igor Kurnosov and Aleksandr Shimanov in the Nakhchivan Open..
Guseinov won the Sitges Open in 2018 by scoring 7.5/9 points.
He played in the gold medal-winning Azerbaijani team at the European Team Chess Championships in Novi Sad in 2009 and in Warsaw in 2013, alongside Shahriyar Mammadyarov, Teimour Radjabov, Vugar Gashimov (in 2009), Eltaj Safarli (in 2013) and Rauf Mammadov, previously winning bronze medal in 2007 and silver in 2011.
- Interview Chess-News.ru. 2015-05-15. Retrieved 24 December 2015 (in Russian)
- FIDE Rating History - Guseinov, Gadir OlimpBase
- "FIDE Archive. Tournament report July 2008: President's Cup, 2008". FIDE. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- Гадир Гусейнов выиграл Кубок Губернатора. azerisport.com (in Russian). Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- "Kurnosov wins Nakhchivan Open". ChessVibes. 2013-05-08. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Azerbaijan Takes Gold in European Team Championship
- Gold for Azerbaijan and Russia in Novi Sad