Gaby Hoffmann (manager)
Gaby Hoffmann (née Hauke; born in Berlin, Germany) is primarily known as songwriter under the pseudonym Deaffy and manager for the heavy metal band Accept. She has also contributed cover art concepts, marketing ideas for the band and even stage moves and wardrobe. She is married to their guitarist Wolf Hoffmann.
Work for AcceptEdit
Accept hired Gaby Hauke as their manager in 1981, after releasing Breaker. She secured a spot supporting Judas Priest on their World Wide Blitz Tour the same year, and is credited for songwriting for the first time on Accept's next album Restless and Wild (1982). She is credited as lyricist on all songs on their albums from Balls to the Wall (1983) to Death Row (1994), with the exception of two instrumentals on Death Row. She's credited on several songs on Predator (1996). Since 2010, Accept's new vocalist Mark Tornillo has been credited for their lyrics, although Tornillo has acknowledged her ongoing influence when discussing the title track from Stalingrad (2012) and their 2014 album Blind Rage.
Work for othersEdit
Hoffmann is credited for the cover art concept for U.D.O.s 1988 album Mean Machine as well as songwriting on their 1987 album Animal House and their 1991 album Timebomb under the Deaffy pseudonym.
Mad Max and CasanovaEdit
Together with her husband Wolf, Hoffmann also wrote the song "One Of These Days" on the album One Night Stand (1992) by Casanova, a band formed by former Warlock members along with vocalist Michael Voss from Mad Max.
- Blabbermouth December 22nd, 2004
- Decibel Magazine's article about Restless and Wild
- Mosqueda, Ruben: "Wolf Hoffmann brings a rejuvenated Accept to Portland" Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine on Oregon Music News April 20th, 2011
- Hoffmann, Gaby: "ACCEPT - True Metal Hearts" on Wacken Music Festival's web page
- Liner notes for Accept's albums 1982-1996
- Reesman, Bryan: "Interview with Mark Tornillo from Accept: Living The Metal Scream Dream" in The Aquarian Weekly, April 13th, 2012
- Blabbermouth April 4th, 2014
- Liner notes for Balls to the Wall (Polydor 1983), Metal Heart (Polydor 1985) and Russian Roulette (Polydor 1986)
- Müller-Hansen, Niclas: "ACCEPT: Wolf Hoffman är för första gången på länge riktigt nöjd med senaste albumet" Archived 2014-07-01 at the Wayback Machine in English on Rocksverige June 25th, 2014
- Liner notes on inner sleeve of LP release
- Liner notes for U.D.O.: Animal House (RCA 1987) and U.D.O.: Mean Machine (RCA 1988)
- Biography section on Michael Wagener's web site
- Entry about Gaby Hoffmann on Encyclopedia Metallum
- Interview with Michael Voss on Headbanger.ru