Gabrielle McFadden (born 9 April 1967) is an Irish Fine Gael politician who has served as a Senator for the Cultural and Educational Panel since April 2016. She previously served as a Teachta Dála (TD) for the Longford–Westmeath constituency from 2014 to 2016.
|Assumed office |
27 April 2016
|Constituency||Cultural and Educational Panel|
May 2014 – February 2016
|Born||9 April 1967|
Athlone, County Westmeath, Ireland
|Political party||Fine Gael|
|Spouse(s)||Brian McClean (m. 1997)|
|Relations||Nicky McFadden (Sister)|
|Alma mater||Athlone Institute of Technology|
The by-election was caused by the death of her sister Nicky McFadden, who was a Fine Gael politician. In December 2014, she was appointed to the Public Accounts Committee and to the Select Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality.
McFadden was a member of Westmeath County Council for the Athlone area from 2009 to 2014. She was the Mayor of Athlone from 2013 to 2014. She vacated her council seat before the Dáil by-election.
- "Gabrielle McFadden". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 20 July 2019.
- "McFadden and Coppinger win by-elections". RTÉ News. 24 May 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Gabrielle McFadden 'Honoured' To Take Up Oireachtas Committee Positions". Midlands Radio. 3 December 2014. Archived from the original on 16 January 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Gabrielle McFadden". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Walsh, Alan (6 May 2014). "Cllr Gabrielle McFadden 'to concentrate exclusively' on becoming Longford/Westmeath's newest TD". Longford Leader. Archived from the original on 18 October 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.