Gabriele Kohlisch (born 7 December 1963) is a German luger and bobsledder who competed from the mid-1980s to 1997 in luge, then from 1998 to the early 2000s in bobsleigh. She is one of only two people to win World Championship gold medals in both bobsledding and luge, the other being fellow German Susi Erdmann.
Kohlisch in 1989
|Born||7 December 1963(age 55)|
Kohlisch won ten medals at the FIL World Luge Championships, including six golds (Women's singles: 1990, 1995; Mixed team: 1990, 1991, 1993, 1995) and four silvers (Women's singles: 1987, 1991, 1993; Mixed team: 1996). She also won three medals at the FIL European Luge Championships, including two silvers (Women's singles: 1996; Mixed team: 1994) and one bronze (Women's singles: 1994). Kohlisch competed in two Winter Olympics for the reunified Germany in the women's singles event, finishing sixth in both 1992 and 1994. Kohilsch retired from luge in 1997, mainly to the competitiveness among her fellow German teammates, most notably Jana Bode, Erdmann, Silke Kraushaar, Barbara Niedernhuber, and Sylke Otto. She won the Luge World Cup overall title in women's singles in 1993-4.
Kohlisch switched to bobsleigh in 1998, competing at the FIBT World Championships. She won the gold medal in the debut two-woman event at the 2000 FIBT World Championships in Winterberg, Germany. She tried out for the German bobsleigh team to compete at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, but finished third behind Erdmann and Sandra Prokoff (Sandra Kiriasis since late 2004).
- 1992 luge women's singles results
- 1994 luge women's singles results
- 1997 announcement of Kohlisch's retirement from luge ‹See Tfd›(in German)
- Bobsleigh two-woman world championship medalists since 2000
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- List of European luge champions ‹See Tfd›(in German)
- List of women's singles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
- Sports 123 results on World champions in 2-Woman bobsleigh
- SportQuick.com information on World champions in luge ‹See Tfd›(in French)