Ynoa with the Orioles in 2017
|Baltimore Orioles – No. 64|
|Born: May 26, 1993|
La Vega, Dominican Republic
|August 13, 2016, for the New York Mets|
|MLB statistics |
(through July 17, 2019)
|Earned run average||5.67|
New York MetsEdit
Ynoa signed with the New York Mets as an international free agent in November 2009. He made his professional debut that season with the Dominican Summer League Mets. Pitching for the Savannah Sand Gnats in 2013, Ynoa was named the South Atlantic League Pitcher of the Year, after winning 15 games and recording a 2.72 earned run average (ERA). Ynoa started 2014 with the St. Lucie Mets and was promoted to the Double-A Binghamton Mets during the season.
Ynoa was called up to the major leagues for the first time on August 13, 2016. That night, he pitched a perfect 11th inning against the San Diego Padres at Citi Field to record a win in his major league debut.
On February 10, 2017, Ynoa was traded to the Baltimore Orioles for cash considerations. Ynoa made his debut with the Orioles on May 5 after being brought in from the bullpen in the first inning after Orioles' starter Wade Miley left the game with a wrist contusion. Ynoa threw six scoreless innings, allowing six hits while striking out five batters. It was Ynoa's longest career outing. He earned the victory in a 4-2 Orioles win. He missed the entire 2018 season with a right shin stress reaction. He was outrighted on November 1, then signed a minor league deal for the 2019 season.
- "Michalczewski, Ynoa are Prospects of the Week". New York Mets. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "New York Mets prospect Gabriel Ynoa fans career-high 11 over seven shutout innings for St. Lucie Mets". MiLB.com. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- Guardado, Maria (August 14, 2016). "Mets activate Jose Reyes from disabled list, promote Gabriel Ynoa". nj.com. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "Mets blow lead, win in 11". Times Herald-Record. Associated Press. August 13, 2016. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- Ghiroli, Brittany (February 10, 2017). "O's acquire righty Ynoa from Mets for cash". MLB.com. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Meoli, Jon (April 21, 2019). "Orioles designate Mike Wright for assignment, add Gabriel Ynoa". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved April 21, 2019.