GMA New Media
GMA New Media, Inc. (or NMI) is the digital media and technology arm of GMA Network Inc. which offers interactive applications in the television, mobile, web, marketing and online gaming industry. Its headquarters are located at the GMA Network Center in Quezon City, Philippines.
|Digital Media and Technology company|
|Industry||Software Development, R & D, Web Development, Mobile Development|
|Headquarters||GMA Network Center, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Atty. Felipe L. Gozon (Chairman and CEO)|
Judd I. Gallares (President and COO)
Felipe S. Yalong (Treasurer)
Dennis L. Caharian (General Manager)
|Products||Web Services, Mobile Applications, Online Games|
|Parent||GMA Network Inc.|
Products and servicesEdit
- GMA News Online
In 2007, GMA NMI launched GMA News Online (then called gmanews). In the same year, the site won several awards including Best Website in the 9th Philippine Web Awards in 2007 for the Media category.
- GMA Network Portal 
In late 2011, NMI launched GMANetwork, a one-stop portal that consolidates GMA’s web properties including GMA News Online, GMA Entertainment Website , and IMReady Public Service Portal . It won the Digital Filipino Web Awards for the Television category in 2014.
Sports Interactive Network (SPIN) a joint venture of NMI (GMA Network Inc.) and Philippine Entertainment Portal, Inc. which offers local and international sports news.
- GMA Network
- GMA News
- Kapuso Milyonaryo (Application developed with Digify, Inc. for GMA Marketing and Productions, Inc.)
- You Scoop is a joint initiative between NMI and GMA News and Public Affairs (GMA NPA). The app allows citizen participation in journalism by sending information, photographs, videos or audio recordings of news as they happen. A team of editors screen which crowdsourced news items will be shared on the YouScoop page on GMA News Online or broadcast on GMA News and Public Affairs programs.
Subsidiaries and joint venturesEdit
- Digify is a subsidiary of GMA New Media that specializes in solutions for stand-alone digital and integrated marketing campaigns for mobile, web and smart TV applications.
- Media Merge Corp.
- Media Merge is a subsidiary of GMA New Media that is in charge business development and operations for the Company's online publishing/advertising initiatives. :
- Philippine Entertainment Portal is a joint venture of Summit Media and GMA New Media which operates Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP.ph) and Sports Interactive Network Philippines (SPIN.ph).
- Gamespan, Inc. (defunct)
- Gamespan is a joint venture of GMA New Media and Manila Jockey Club, Inc. Gamspan operates and manages the computer systems owned by Manila Jockey Club and the infrastructure for taking bets in horse racing and other sports.
- X-Play Online Games, Inc. (defunct)
- "Philippine Web Awards: GMANews.TV is Best Media Website". December 7, 2006.
- "GMA New Media year-to-date online advertising revenues up 56 percent". GMA Network Portal. GMA Network Inc. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- Toral, Janette. "Winners: DigitalFilipino Web Awards 2014". Digital Filipino.
- "About Us". SPIN.PH. Sports Interactive Network (SPIN). Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Digify: At the forefront of new media innovation". www.mb.com.ph. Manila Bulletin. 30 November 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "GMA unveils digital receiver prototype that transforms screens into smart TVs". GMA News Online.
- "GMA unit forms JV with Manila Jockey Club". philstar.com. The Philippine Star. 24 March 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "GMA ventures into betting business". BusinessWorld Online. BusinessWorld. 23 March 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "Company Overview of X-Play Online Games, Inc". bloomberg.com. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "About Xplay - Xplay Online Philippines". Archived from the original on 4 May 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2016.