|, gamma-glutamyltransferase 6|
GGT6 belongs to the gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT; EC 220.127.116.11) gene family. GGT is a membrane-bound extracellular enzyme that cleaves gamma-glutamyl peptide bonds in glutathione and other peptides and transfers the gamma-glutamyl moiety to acceptors. GGT is also key to glutathione homeostasis because it provides substrates for glutathione synthesis (Heisterkamp et al., 2008 [PubMed 18357469]).
- GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000167741 - Ensembl, May 2017
- GRCm38: Ensembl release 89: ENSMUSG00000040471 - Ensembl, May 2017
- "Human PubMed Reference:". National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- "Mouse PubMed Reference:". National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- "Entrez Gene: Gamma-glutamyltransferase 6". Retrieved 2016-03-11.
|This article on a gene on human chromosome 17 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This protein-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|