Gopinathan Nair Venugopal (born 10 December 1960), popularly known as G. Venugopal, is an Indian playback singer known for his works in Malayalam films. He started his singing career in the film Odaruthammava Aalariyam (1984). Since then he has sung in more than 4000 films; and has over 500 private albums to his credit.
Gopinathan Nair Venugopal
10 December 1960
|Alma mater||University of Kerala|
|Children||2, including Arvind Venugopal|
|Relatives||Sujatha Mohan (cousin)|
Radhika Thilak (cousin)
Shweta Mohan (cousin-niece)
Early and personal lifeEdit
Venugopal was born in Thattathumala, near Kilimanoor. Venugopal is the eldest of the two children of Gopinathan Nair, who hails from Thattathumala and Sarojini, who was the head of the department of music, Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram. K. Sharadamani and K. Radhamani, who were popularly known as Parur sisters, are the maternal aunts of Venugopal. Singers Sujatha Mohan and Radhika Thilak are his cousins and Shweta Mohan is his niece.
|Year||Song Title||Film||Music Director||Lyricist|
|1986||Raree rareeram raroo||Onnu Muthal Poojyam Vare||Mohan Sithara||ONV|
|1986||Ponnum Thinkal Pottum Mane||Onnu Muthal Poojyam Vare||Mohan Sithara||ONV|
|1987||Onnaam raagam paadi||Thoovanathumbikal||Perumbavoor G. Raveendranath||Sreekumaran Thampi|
|1988||Chandanamanivathil||Marikunilla Njaan||Raveendran||Ezhacheri Ramachandran|
|Kaanaanazhakulla maanikyakuyile||Oozham||M. K. Arjunan||ONV|
|Manasse shaanthamaaku||Aalilakkuruvikal||Mohan Sithara||Bichu Thirumala|
|Unarumee gaanam||Moonam Pakkam||Ilayaraja||Sreekumaran Thampi|
|1989||Pallitherundo||Mazhavilkkaavadi||Johnson||Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri|
|1990||Swargangal Swapnam Kaanum||Maalooty||Pazhavila Ramesan|
|Thaane Poovitta Moham||Sasneham|
|Thooval vinnin maaril chaarthi||Thalayanamanthram|
|1991||Etho varmukilin||Pookalam Varavayi||Ouseppachan|
|1993||Karuka vavayal kuruvi||Dhruvam||S. P. Venkatesh|
|1994||Geeton Mein||Tu Hi Mera Dil||A R Rahman|
|2003||Thamara Noolinal||Mullavalliyum Thenmavum||Ouseppachan|
|2006||Kai nirayai venna taraam||Baba Kalyani||Alex Paul|
|2006||Kando Kando||Mahasamudram||Jayachandran||Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri|
- As Judge
|2008||Idea star singer 2008||Asianet|
|2008-2009||Munch Star singer Junior||Asianet|
|2010-2012||Munch Star singer Junior season 2||Asianet|
|2015||Raree rareeram raro season2||Asianet Plus|
|2015||Pathinalam ravu season 2||Media One|
|2020–Present||Star Singer Season 8||Asianet|
- 1988 - Best Male Playback Singer - Unarumee Gaanam (Moonnam Pakkam)
- 1990 - Best Male Playback Singer - Thaane Poovitta Moham (Sasneham)
- 2004 - Best Male Playback Singer - Aadadi Aadaadadi (Ullam)
- 1987 - Best Male Playback Singer - Onnam Ragam Paadi (Thoovanathumbikal)
- 1989 - Best Male Playback Singer - Mainaka Ponmudiyil (Mazhavilkavadi)
- 2022 - Janmashtami Award by Balagokulam for Contributions in Art and Culture of Kairali. The youngest to get this award.
- Kumar, P. K. Ajith (11 December 2020). "Venugopal: An original, refreshing voice that gave Malayalam timeless melodies". The Hindu.
- P. Sen, Baiju (3 June 2018). "Venugopal completes 35 years of singing, admits he is a great foodie". Mathrubhumi.
- "G. Venugopal - MSIDb". MSIDb.
- "G. Venugopal - Profile".
- Soman, Deepa (22 November 2020). "Shweta Mohan wishes G Venugopal, who completes 36 years in playback singing". The Times of India.
- Menon, Meenakshy (1 September 2018). "Passionate about music and movies". The New Indian Express.
- "Kerala State Film Awards 1981 - 1990". Department of Information and Public Relations (Kerala). Archived from the original on 3 March 2016.
- "Kerala State Film Awards 2000 - 2012". Department of Information and Public Relations (Kerala). Archived from the original on 5 March 2016.
- "Malayalam Awards Asianet Film Awards 2007". NetTV4U.