G. Govindarajulu Naidu
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
G. Govindarajulu Naidu was an acclaimed music director in 1940s and 50s in the south Indian film industry. Hailing from Tiruchirappalli, he was one among the musicians who defined the way of music in South Indian film industry. He composed music for Tamil and Telugu movies.
His family stayed in Thiruchi. This is where M. K. Thyagaraja Bhagavathar (MKT) used to sing in their house and Naidu introduced MKT to his children. G. Govindarajulu is a harmonium player in special dramas, but was also known as the one who taught music for K. B. Sundarambal. He also sold musical instruments and gramophone in Thiruchi, but the business was not doing very well. In 1940, Naidu took his family to Madras to look for greener pasture there.
T. G. Lingappa was the second son of Naidu and had learned to play several musical instruments from him. His grandchildren live in Dubai.
Few may be the films that came his way in a career spanning 3 decades, G. Govindarajulu Naidu but has left a lingering impact in his creations especially movies like Andhaman Kaidhi, Manidhanum Mirugamum, Maya Manithan, Baghdad Thirudan and Raja Bakthi.
He worked with singers like Thiruchi Loganathan, M. L. Vasanthakumari, C. S. Jayaraman, R. Balasaraswathi Devi, P. Leela, Jikki, T. V. Rathinam, A. P. Komala, N. L. Ganasaraswathi, A. M. Rajah, Ghantasala, T. M. Soundararajan, Seerkazhi Govindarajan, Radha Jayalakshmi, K. Jamuna Rani, P. Susheela.
Some compositions of G. Govindarajulu Naidu:
- kaaNi nilam vENdum from Andhaman Kaidhi by C. S. Jayaraman & M. L. Vasanthakumari
- vaazhvin jeevan kaadhalE from Andhaman Kaidhi by Ghantasala / P. Leela
- anju rooba nOttai from Andhaman Kaidhi by T. V. Rathinam
- paarmuzhuthum irul parappum from Raja Bakthi by R. Balasaraswathi Devi
- inba kuyil kuralinimai from Manidhanum Mirugamum by A. M. Rajah & M. L. Vasanthakumari
- imayamalai chaaralilE from Manidhanum Mirugamum by M. L. Vasanthakumari
- kaalamenum siRpi seiyyum from Manidhanum Mirugamum by C. S. Jayaraman
- manadhil urudhi vENdum from Kalvanin Kadhali by T. M. Soundararajan & P. Bhanumathi
- kanna kanna vaaraai from Maya Manidhan by Jikki
- sokkudhE manam suththudhE jagam from Baghdad Thirudan by P. Suseela
- "ennai konjam paaru" from Raja Bakthi by P. Suseela
Music direction in Tamil Movies.
|1938||Sri Kandha Leela||Tamil||Arshadrai Mehta||Premier Cinetone|
|1941||Venuganam||Tamil||Murugadasa (Muthuswami Iyer)||Jewel Pictures|
|1946||Vijayalakshmi||Tamil||P. Pullaiah||Star Combines|
|1949||Nam Naadu||Tamil||V. Shantaram||Rajkamal Kalamandir|
|1950||Chandrika||Malayalam||V. S. Raghavan||Sree Krishna Productions||V. Dakshinamoorthy|
|1950||Chandrika||Tamil||V. S. Raghavan||Sree Krishna Productions||V. Dakshinamoorthy|
|1952||Andhaman Kaidhi||Tamil||V. Krishnan||Radhakrishna Films|
|1953||Manidhanum Mirugamum||Tamil||K. Vembu & S. D. Sundharam||Revathi Productions|
|1954||Vedan Kannappa||Tamil||H. L. N. Simha||AVM Productions & The Karnataka Films Ltd.|
|1955||Kalvanin Kadhali||Tamil||V. S. Raghavan||Revathi Productions||Ghantasala|
|1955||Methavigal||Tamil||K. Vembu||Revathi Productions|
|1955||Santhasakku||Kannada||Krishnan-Panju||Sri Panduranga Productions|
|1958||Maya Manithan||Tamil||T. P. Sundharam||Southern Movies|
|1959||Paththarai Maathu Thangam||Tamil||K. S. Mani||Manivel Pictures||Tiruvenkadu Selvarathinam|
|1960||Baghdad Thirudan||Tamil||T. R. Sundaram||Modern Theatres|
|1960||Raja Bakthi||Tamil||K. Vembu||Nandhi Pictures|