This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Fuseproject is an industrial design and branding firm. Founded in 1999 by designer Yves Béhar, the company works across an array of industries including beauty and fashion, furniture and technology and is based in San Francisco and New York City.
In July 2012, Fuseproject began raising funds on Kickstarter for an open source game console called OUYA, that uses the Android 4.1 operating system, to encourage smaller developers to design games for the platform.
In 2014, BlueFocus Communication Group, the biggest agency network in China, acquired Fuseproject in hopes to enter the US market.
In 2017, Fuseproject made international news with their design project with Juicero, for the Juicero juicer. The juicer was known for limited functionality and high price, designed with known limitations for the user - putting Fuseproject's design reputation on the line.
In April 2022, FuseProject designed a robot sidekick for the ageing for Intuition Robotics ElliQ. The project was designed as a table top health aid to help older people cope with mental and social activity.
Awards and recognitionEdit
Fuseproject work has appeared in various publications, including The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Fast Company, Adweek, I.D., and Entrepreneur magazine.
Fuseproject has received more than 50 awards, from Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA)/BusinessWeek Industrial Design Excellence Awards (2006), Red Dot design awards, I.D. magazine awards and If Industrie Hannover. Fuseproject was listed 2nd best design firm by BusinessWeek in 2004. Founder and principal designer Yves Béhar was the recipient of the National Design Award for industrial design, awarded by the Cooper–Hewitt, National Design Museum.
- ^ "OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console". Kickstarter. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- ^ Bradshaw, Tim; Cookson, Robert (2014-07-23). "BlueFocus to enter US market with stake in Fuseproject". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- ^ "China's BlueFocus Buys Majority Stake in U.S. Design Firm Fuseproject". Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- ^ "Chinese agencies are expanding to the US - Digiday". Digiday. 2017-11-20. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- ^ a b "Silicon Valley's $400 Juicer May Be Feeling the Squeeze". Bloomberg.com. 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- ^ a b "Yves Behar's Juicero juicer has its reputation shredded by social media". Dezeen. 2017-04-20. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- ^ world, STIR. "ElliQ is an emotionally intelligent, intuitive robot sidekick for the ageing". www.stirworld.com. Retrieved 2023-02-28.
- ^ McKeough, Tim (30 December 2010). "Yves Béhar of Fuseproject on Design With Grand Ambitions". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- ^ "Terms of Service Violation". www.businessweek.com. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- ^ "Fuseproject Designer And Founder Yves Béhar On Creating A Seamless Experience". fastcompany.com. 26 November 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- ^ "All About Yves". fastcompany.com. 1 October 2007. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- ^ Ankeny, Jason (August 2014). "The Man With The Midas Touch". entrepreneur.com. Entrepreneur Magazine. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- ^ "fuseproject IDEA awards". businessweek.com. Archived from the original on 8 July 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- ^ "National Design Awards - Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum". cooperhewitt.org. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2018.