The station building and forecourt in September 2011
|Operated by||JR Hokkaido|
|Distance||54.6 km from Takikawa|
|Opened||1 August 1900|
|Previous names||Shimo-Furano (until 1942)|
|Passengers (FY2013)||696 daily|
Furano Station is served by the following two lines.
|Nemuro Main Line|
|Shimanoshita (T29)||Local||Nunobe (T31)|
The station opened on 2 December 1900 as Shimo-Furano Station (下富良野駅). It was renamed simply Furano Station on 1 April 1942. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR Hokkaido.
- "JR Hokkaido Route Map" (PDF). Hokkaido Railway Company. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 December 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Service Range Kitaca". JR Hokkaido. Archived from the original on 19 November 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. pp. 874–875. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- "Hokkaido Furano High School". Official website (in Japanese). Japan: Hokkaido Furano High School. 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Hokkaido Furano Ryokuho High School". Official website (in Japanese). Japan: Hokkaido Furano Ryokuho High School. 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Furano Station.|