Funk, Inc. was an American jazz funk/soul jazz group, founded in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, in 1969 by Bobby Watley, Eugene Barr, Steve Weakley, Jimmy Munford and Cecil Hunt. During the 1970s they were signed to the Prestige Records label for whom they recorded five albums, though they later disbanded in 1976.
|Origin||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States|
|Genres||Funk, soul, jazz funk, soul jazz|
|Years active||1969–1976, 1995|
|Labels||Prestige Records, Milestone Records|
|Past members||Bobby Watley|
Former member, Cecil Hunt, who was born on July 27, 1940, died on April 12, 2015, in his birthplace of Indianapolis, Indiana.
|Year||Album||Peak chart positions|
|1974||Priced to Sell||—||30|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
- 1988: Acid Inc: The Best of Funk Inc.
- ^ Henderson, Alex. "Funk, Inc. Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved June 23, 2007.
- ^ "Funk Inc. Page". Soulwalking.co.uk. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- ^ a b "Funk, Inc. - Awards". AllMusic. Archived from the original on September 13, 2015. Retrieved February 5, 2022.
- Funk, Inc. discography at Discogs