Fulke Greville-Nugent, 1st Baron Greville
The Lord Greville
|Lord Lieutenant of Westmeath|
|Preceded by||The Marquess of Westmeath|
|Succeeded by||Sir Benjamin Chapman, Bt|
|Member of Parliament for County Longford|
|Preceded by||Richard Maxwell Fox|
Richard More O'Ferrall
|Succeeded by||Myles O'Reilly|
|High Sheriff of Hertfordshire|
|Preceded by||Abel Smith|
|Succeeded by||William John Lysley|
|Born||17 February 1821|
|Died||25 January 1883(aged 61)|
Lady Rosa Emily Mary Anne Nugent
|Children||Algernon Greville-Nugent, 2nd Baron Greville|
Greville sat as Member of Parliament for Longford County as a Liberal from 19 July 1852 until 1869, when he was raised to the Peerage of the United Kingdom as Baron Greville, of Clonyn in the County of Westmeath. He had adopted the surname of Nugent-Greville by Royal Patent in 1866. He subsequently served as Lord Lieutenant of Westmeath from 1871 to 1883.
On 28 April 1840 Lord Greville married Lady Rosa Emily Mary Anne Nugent, the only daughter and heir of George Nugent, 1st Marquess of Westmeath and, his first wife, Lady Emily Cecil (second daughter of James Cecil, 1st Marquess of Salisbury). Together, they had six children:
- Algernon Greville-Nugent, 2nd Baron Greville (1841–1909).
- Hon. George Frederick Greville-Nugent (1842–1897).
- Hon. Robert Southwell Greville-Nugent (1847–1912).
- Hon. Reginald James Macartney Greville-Nugent (1848–1878).
- Hon. Patrick Emilius John Greville-Nugent (1852–1925), who married Ermengarda Ogilvy on 5 June 1882.
- Hon. Mildred Charlotte Greville-Nugent (d. 1906), who married Alexius Huchet, Marquis de La Bêdoyére on 26 August 1869.
Lord Greville died on 25 January 1883.
- "Debrett's peerage, baronetage, knightage, and companionage". Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Greville, Baron (UK, 1869 - 1987)". www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk. Heraldic Media Limited. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "No. 23559". The London Gazette. 26 November 1869. p. 6455.
- Recollections of troubled times in Irish politics, by T. D. Sullivan. 1905
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Richard Maxwell Fox
Richard More O'Ferrall
| Member of Parliament for County Longford
With: Richard Maxwell Fox 1852–1856
Henry George Hughes 1856–1857
Henry White 1857–1861
Luke White 1861–1862
Myles O'Reilly 1862–1869
| High Sheriff of Hertfordshire
William John Lysley
The Marquess of Westmeath
| Lord Lieutenant of Westmeath
Sir Benjamin Chapman, Bt
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation|| Baron Greville