Front National (South Africa)
Front National (Afrikaans: Front Nasionaal, FN) is a South African right-wing political party formed in late 2013 as a successor to the Federale Vryheidsparty. The party promotes Secession and Afrikaner self-determination. Front National strikes no distinction between English-speaking Whites and Afrikaners in South Africa.
|Deputy Leader||Jannie Kuhn|
|Womens leader||Dalene Nelson|
|Head of Information||Daniel Lotter|
|Election officer||Jaco de la Rey|
|Preceded by||Federale Vryheidsparty|
|Student wing||Front National Student Movement / Front Nasionaal Studente Beweging|
|Youth wing||Front Nationaal Jeug / Front National Youth|
|Political position||Right-wing to Far-right|
|International affiliation||World National-Conservative Movement|
Red, white and blue
|National Assembly seats||
0 / 400
Front National has been advocating the release of Clive Derby-Lewis, as of 2015, the oldest prisoner in the South African Correctional Services at the age of 79. He has behind bars since 1993. Derby-Lewis has made various bids for parole since June 2010, when he was diagnosed with lung cancer. In February, 2014, Derby-Lewis and his co-conspirator in the Hani murder, Janusz Waluś, lives were threatened when they were stabbed several times and had their heads struck with locks by fellow inmates. It has been the stance of Front National that there has been political interference with his parole application.
South African Human Rights CommissionEdit
On 14 January 2016 the party declared intentions to make a complaint against Democratic Alliance Leader Mmusi Maimane with the South African Human Rights Commission concerning remarks he made on Twitter stating "I am angry when I go shopping at certain shops – white people are shopping and black people are working.”
Front National has civil affiliations with Boere Krisis Aksie (BKA), which is self-described as a "Politieke drukgroep vir selfbeskikking en wit belange in Suid Afrika", translated as "[a] Political pressure group for self-determination and white interests in South Africa".
Front National has media affiliations with South Africa Today (SAT).
2014 general election resultsEdit
|Election year||# of
| % of
overall seats won
0 / 400
0 / 400
|Election||Eastern Cape||Free State||Gauteng||Kwazulu-Natal||Limpopo||Mpumalanga||North-West||Northern Cape||Western Cape|
- "Legal Notice No 37064". Government Gazette. 581 C. 29 November 2013.
- "FNSA Beleid: PROGRAM VAN BEGINSELS - Punt 3.1".
- Roodt, Dan (22 February 2014). "Afrikaners moet opstaan vir selfbeskikking" [Afrikaners must stand up for self-determination]. Rapport (in Afrikaans). Archived from the original on 13 March 2014. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Eckard, Lourensa (5 March 2014). "EFF dood as eis nie slaag" [EFF dead if demand fails]. Beeld (in Afrikaans). Archived from the original on 15 June 2014. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Godinho, Thorne (25 April 2014). "Front Nasionaal stokes the embers of the Afrikaner right". Mail & Guardian. Archived from the original on 15 June 2014. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "Land restitution bill passed after heated debate". News24. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Front Nasionaal hands in massive land claim". SABC Digital News. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Vermaak, Narda (15 May 2014). "Party is upfront about its land claim". Steelburger. Archived from the original on 16 June 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Urgent court hearing for Derby Lewis medical parole".
- Sarah, Evans. "Clive Derby-Lewis attacked in prison". M&G.
- ""Laat Derby-Lewis vry" / "Release Derby-Lewis"". eNCAnews. 15 April 2014.
- Maleka, Malesela. "SACP TO OPPOSE THE PAROLE APPLICATION OF CLIVE DERBY - LEWIS". SACP.
- "Front National takes Derby-Lewis case to UN". SAPA. 24 September 2014.
- "Blatant black-racist tweet repeated by Democratic Alliance leader Mmusi Maimane (pagegrab)". Farmitracker.
- "Front National charges DA Leader with racism – asks HRC to investigate".
- "BKA: Tab".
- "Boere Krisis Aksie (B.K.A.)".
- "Parties contesting the 2014 National and Provincial Elections". IEC. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "2014 National and Provincial Elections – Results". IEC. Retrieved 15 June 2014.