Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Hohenzollern (German: Friedrich Wilhelm Ferdinand Joseph Maria Manuel Georg Meinrad Fidelis Benedikt Michael Hubert Fürst von Hohenzollern; 3 February 1924 – 16 September 2010) was the head of the Princely House of Hohenzollern for over 45 years.
|Prince of Hohenzollern|
|Tenure||6 February 1965 – 16 September 2010|
|Born||3 February 1924|
Schloss Umkirch, Umkirch, Weimar Republic
|Died||16 September 2010 (aged 86)|
(m. 1951; died 1996)
|Issue||Karl Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern|
|Father||Frederick, Prince of Hohenzollern|
|Mother||Princess Margarete Karola of Saxony|
Friedrich Wilhelm was born in Schloss Umkirch. He was the eldest son of Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern (1891–1965) and his wife, Princess Margarete Karola of Saxony (1900–1962), the daughter of the last King of Saxony Frederick Augustus III. He became the head of the House of Hohenzollern on 6 February 1965 following the death of his father Prince Friedrich, and remained so until his death on 16 September 2010. 
According to the Romanian succession laws of the kingdom's last democratic Constitution of 1923, Friedrich Wilhelm's descendants have had a claim to the throne of Romania since 2017, when former King Michael passed away.
Marriage and issueEdit
They had three children:
- Karl Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern (born 1952), who succeeded Friedrich Wilhelm as head of the House of Hohenzollern;
- Prince Albrecht of Hohenzollern (born 1954), married Nathalie Rocabado de Viets and had two children;
- Prince Ferdinand of Hohenzollern (born 1960), married Countess Ilona Kálnoky de Köröspatak and had three children.
Courtesy titles and stylesEdit
- Grand Master of the Princely House Order of Hohenzollern
- Knight of the Seraphim (1961)
- Knight Grand Cross of Justice of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George.
- Knight of Saint Hubert. 
- Officer's Cross (Merit Cross 1st Class) of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Knight of the Black Eagle. 
- Knight of the Golden Fleece. 
- Bailiff Grand Cross Honour and Devotion of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- Grand Cross of the Order of Carol I
|Ancestors of Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Hohenzollern|
- Obituary of His Highness Prince Friedrich Wilhelm, The Daily Telegraph, 13 October 2010
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels (1953). P 71-72
- Almanach de Gotha (2004) P 163
- Gothaischer Hofkalender genealogisches Taschenbuch der fürstlichen Häuser (1926). Page 71, 72.