Freeport, New York
|Owned by||Long Island Rail Road|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||Nassau Inter-County Express: n4, n4X, n19, n40, n41, n43, n88 (Summer only)|
|Electrified||May 20, 1925|
750 V (DC) third rail
|Rank||21 of 125|
Freeport station was originally built on October 28, 1867 by the South Side Railroad of Long Island, and was rebuilt in 1899. It is among many of the stations along the Babylon Branch that were elevated throughout Nassau and Western Suffolk counties during the 1960s, in this case October 1960.
Some afternoon rush-hour trains terminate at Freeport; and some morning rush-hour trains originate at Freeport.
The station has one 12-car-long high-level island platform between the two tracks. There are two layover tracks east of the station.
The Nassau Inter-County Express N4 bus to Jamaica
- "2012-2014 LIRR Origin and Destination Report : Volume I: Travel Behavior Among All LIRR Passengers" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 23 August 2016. PDF pp. 15, 197. Archived (PDF) from the original on 17 July 2019. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
Data collection took place after the pretest determinations, starting in September 2012 and concluding in May 2014. .... 2012-2014 LIRR O[rigin and ]D[estination] COUNTS: WEEKDAY East/West Total By Station in Numerical Order
- "New Freeport Railroad Station dedicated October 8th by Governor Rockefeller". Freeport, The Friendly Village, Your Home Town. vol. 10, no. 10. Village of Freeport. October 1960. p. 1. Retrieved 29 March 2020 – via New York Heritage | Empire State Library Network.
Gov. Rockefeller, Speaker Carlino, County, Town and Village officials, officially opened Freeport's Grade Crossing Elimination Project with appropriate ceremonies, October 8th at 11:00 A. M. ... Completion of escalator at Railroad Station being delayed due to strike of Erector's Union since August 1, 1960
|volume=has extra text (help)
- "TOP PERSONALITIES LAUNCH NEW FREEPORT R.R. GRADE ELIMINATION". The LEADER. Freeport, NY: L & M Publications. 13 October 1960. pp. 1, 4. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
Leading dignitaries from the State of New York, Nassau County, the Long Island Railroad and the Village of Freeport Joined together last Saturday to officially launch the new Freeport Railroad Station and Grade elimination project.
- "Nassau Inter-County Express Bus Route Map, July, 2020". Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE). Retrieved 2020-08-09.
- "Nassau Inter-County Express - Maps and Schedules". www.nicebus.com. Retrieved 2020-08-10.