Free Democrats (Armenia)
|Founded||May 22, 2011|
0 / 132
In 2017 Armenian parliamentary election it failed to meet the threshold of 5%. Khachatur Kokobelyan was the first on party list, Hrant Bagratyan (former Prime Minister of Armenia) was the second and Prime minister candidate of the party.
Prior to the 2018 Armenian parliamentary election, the Free Democrats formed a political alliance known as the "We Alliance" with the Hanrapetutyun Party, another pro-Western and pro-European party in Armenia. During the election campaign, the Free Democrats advocated that Armenia should withdraw its membership from the Eurasian Union and pursue closer relations with the European Union. The party also advocated for visa-free travel for Armenian citizens to the EU's Schengen Area. The Alliance received 2.00% of the votes. As this was lower than the 5% minimum threshold required, the We Alliance of Hanrapetutyn and Free Democrats failed to gain any representation in the Armenian parliament.
- Armenia 2017: An introduction to the party-political landscape European Friends of Armenia, March 2017
- Free Democrats Party: Armenia should become full EU member News.am, 10 March 2017
- Free Democrats: Armenia should leave EAEU and buy gas from Iran News.am, 10 March 2017
- ‘Armenia must withdraw from EaEU:’ “Free Democrats” campaign kicks off from Arabkir Aravot.am, 10 March 2017
- Program (in Armenian), Official website of Free Democrats party
- Four Parties Set to be Represented in Armenia’s New Parliament The Armenian Weekly, 3 April 2017
|This article about an Armenian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|