Frederik Theodoor "Fred" Bosman (born 1944) is a Dutch pathologist. He served as director of the Institute of Pathology at the Lausanne University Hospital between 1995 and 2009. He previously was professor and chair of the pathology departments of Maastricht University and the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
From 1974 to 1975 Bosman was a lecturer at the Anton de Kom University of Suriname. He then returned to the Netherlands to become staff pathologist at Leiden University. He kept this position until 1981. Bosman subsequently became professor and chair of the pathology department of Maastricht University. In 1990 he moved to Erasmus University Rotterdam where he held similar positions until 1995. Bosman once more went abroad, this time to become Director of the University Institute of Pathology and Professor of Pathology at Lausanne University Hospital. He retired in 2009.
After a long time as a generalist, Bosman's research has later focused on gastroestinental pathology, with his most recent research being in the field of colorectal cancer. In his research Bosman also tried to combine experimental and diagnostic pathology. Bosman was ranked number 6 by The Pathologist in their 2015 Power List.
- "External Advisory Board". I3S Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde. Archived from the original on 17 January 2017.
- "Prof. Fred Bosman Talks about his #6 ranking in The Power List and His Passion for Pathology". Pathxl. 26 February 2016. Archived from the original on 28 May 2016.
- "Biosketch Prof. Fred Bosman". Fondation Medic. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "#6 Fred Bosman". The Pathologist. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Fré Bosman". Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 6 February 2017.