This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)
Frayser is a neighborhood in North Memphis, Tennessee, United States. It is named after Memphis physician Dr. J Frayser, who owned a summer home near the railroad. Frayser's boundaries are the Wolf River to the south, the Mississippi River to the west, the Loosahatchie River to the north, and ICRR tracks to the east.
With the state changes in the education process, the Achievement School District was created and a number of school agencies sprouted in the Frayser Community including charter schools and a Montessori school. In February 2012 the Achievement School District announced that it planned to take over management of Corning Elementary School, Frayser Elementary School, and Westside Middle school in Frayser.
Interstate I-40 runs through the southern reaches of Frayser. US 51/SR 3 bisects the western quadrants of the neighborhood. Frayser entirely encapsulates SR 300, which connects US 51 to I-40 exit 2A. Frayser also serves as the southern terminus of SR 388. 
- "Frayser Futures: A Comprehensive Plan for Growth and Development for The Frayser Community Association and Frayser Community Development Corporation" (PDF). The University of Memphis. 2003. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Residents hopeful that Frayser will rebound." (Archive) The Commercial Appeal. Saturday December 6, 2003. Retrieved on June 3, 2013. "(The partly rural Zip Code 38127 ranges all the way up to Shelby Forest, but the majority of the population is concentrated in Frayser.)"
- "Document Center Annexation Ordinances". ShelbyCountyTn.Gov. Retrieved June 4, 2021.
- "3 Low-Performing Frayser Schools Being Taken Over." (Archive) Associated Press at LocalMemphis.com. February 27, 2012. Retrieved on June 3, 2013.
- "MATA-System_Map_Nov20.pdf" (PDF). Memphis Area Transit Authority.
- "City and Vicinity Map: Memphis, Tenn. NW" (PDF). Tennessee State Government. 2002. Retrieved May 18, 2021.
- Media related to Frayser, Memphis at Wikimedia Commons
- Frayser Community Association
- Frayser Community Development Corporation