Francisco Vallejo Pons
|Francisco Vallejo Pons|
Francisco Vallejo Pons (2013)
|Born||21 August 1982|
Es Castell, Menorca
|FIDE rating||2698 (February 2019) |
(No. 33 in the August 2017 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2724 (July 2011)|
|Peak ranking||No. 18 (January 2005)|
|This section uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves.|
- Topalov vs. Vallejo
1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Nf3 e6 5.Bg5 h6 6.Bh4 dxc4 7.e4 g5 8.Bg3 b5 9.Be2 Bb7 10.0-0 Nbd7 11.Ne5 h5 12.Nxd7 Qxd7 13.Be5 Rh6 14.f3 Qe7 15.a4 a6 16.Qc2 Rd8 17.Rad1 Nd7 18.Bc7 Rc8 19.Bg3 e5 20.d5 b4 21.dxc6 Rhxc6 22.Nd5 Qe6 23.Qd2 h4 24.Bf2 c3 25.bxc3 bxc3 26.Qxg5 c2 27.Rc1 h3 28.g3 Qh6 29.Qf5 Qd2 30.Rfe1 Ba3 31.f4 Bxc1 32.Bh5 Rg6 33.Bxg6 Bxd5 34.exd5 Qxe1+ 35.Bxe1 Be3+ 36.Kf1 c1=Q 37.Qxf7+ Kd8 38.Ke2 Bb6 39.Bd2 Qc4+ 40.Kf3 e4+ 41.Kg4 Kc7 42.a5 Bd4 43.Bf5 Rg8+ 44.Kh4 Rh8+ 45.Kg5 Qb5 46.Be6 e3 47.Be1 e2 48.g4 Rf8 49.Qh7 Be3 50.Kh4 Bxf4 51.g5 Qa4 52.Kh5 Bxh2 53.Bxh3 Be5 54.Qd3 Rh8+ 55.Kg6 Nf8+ 56.Kf7 Kd8 0–1
Retirement and Return to ChessEdit
Since then he has made multiple appearances in tournaments, for instance in 2014 Bilbao Chess Masters, as well as competed in country leagues.
Vallejo is currently participating in the Grand Prix cycle for 2017–18, after being active in 2016. Having played in the Sharjah and Moscow legs of the event, and finished in the bottom half of the field in both, he has no mathematical chance to qualify for the 2018 Candidates Tournament via the Grand Prix.
- "Chess Prodigies". Chess.ac. Archived from the original on 2007-10-16. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Crowther, Mark (2013-05-16). "14th European Individual Championships 2013". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Super GM Linares-Morelia". ChessBase. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- "Vallejo Pons retires".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Francisco Vallejo Pons.|
- Francisco Vallejo Pons chess games at 365Chess.com
- Francisco Vallejo Pons player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Francisco Vallejo Pons player profile at the Internet Chess Club
|This biographical article relating to a Spanish chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|