|Born||28 March 1975|
Tiršek became a tetraplegic in a car accident in 2003. Prior to the accident, he competed in hunting rifle shooting. At the age of 32, he started practicing Para-shooting. In this sport, Tiršek competes in the SH2 category in the following disciplines: R4 Mixed 10 metre air rifle standing SH2, R5 Mixed 10 metre rifle prone SH2, and R9 Mixed 50 metre rifle prone SH2. Tiršek uses his left hand for shooting.
At the Summer Paralympic Games, Tiršek has represented Slovenia three times, at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro, and at the 2020 Summer Paralympics in Tokyo. Each time, he has won a silver medal in the R4 discipline. In addition, he finished 7th in R5 in 2016. He was also the flagbearer for Slovenia at the opening ceremony in Rio in 2016. The medal that Tiršek won in Tokyo was the 50th medal for Slovenia at the Paralympic Games, taking into account the medals that the athletes won when Slovenia was part of Yugoslavia. He is coached by Polonca Sladič, who has coached para-shooters for several Paralympics, and coached Živa Dvoršak at the 2020 Summer Olympics. After the R4 competition, Sladič stated that Tiršek was almost too late for the 11th shot, but he managed to shoot in time. Tiršek stated that he could have aimed for gold if he had more shots available. Later in Tokyo, Tiršek won a bronze medal in the R5 event.
For his achievements in Para-sports, Tiršek has received several awards and recognitions. He was named Male Athlete of the Year by the Paralympic Sports Federation of Slovenia and the Paralympic Committee of Slovenia in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016. He was also named Para Athlete of the Year in 2013 and 2014.
- "Franček Gorazd Tiršek" (in Slovenian). RTVSlo.si. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Franček Gorazd Tiršek". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Franček Gorazd Tiršek je na paraolimpijskih igrah osvojil srebrno medaljo" (in Slovenian). RTVSlo.si. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Tiršek ubranil srebro za jubilejno 50. slovensko medaljo!" (in Slovenian). RTVSlo.si. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Točno je vedel, kaj išče, na koncu pa je našel srebrno kolajno" (in Slovenian). Delo. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Strelca najmočnejše slovensko orožje v Tokiu" (in Slovenian). RTVSlo.si. Retrieved 24 August 2021.
- "Izjemni Tiršek po preobratu do bronaste medalje!" (in Slovenian). RTVSlo.si. Retrieved 1 September 2021.