Fox Television Animation
Fox Television Animation, Inc. is an American animation studio that creates, develops and produces animated television series, specials and other projects primarily for the Fox Broadcasting Company. It is a division of 20th Century Fox Television, a subsidiary of Walt Disney Television.
|Headquarters||500 S. Buena Vista Street|
Burbank, CA 91521
|Parent||20th Century Fox Television|
(Walt Disney Television)
The studio was established in 1999. Its first project was the continued production of Family Guy for its third season, which it took over from the series' previous home at Film Roman for seasons one and two. The studio would become the home of future animated series co-created by Seth MacFarlane: American Dad! and The Cleveland Show. In 2016, Fox Television Animation took over production of new seasons of The Simpsons from Film Roman.
All of Fox Television Animation's projects come from 20th Century Fox Television. The company operates as an in-house alternative to 20th's frequent third party animation production contractors such as Film Roman, Bento Box Entertainment, and Rough Draft Studios. The teams at Fox Television Animation's Los Angeles studios specialize in animation pre-production and post-production, while the actual animation production is handled by studios in South Korea. Fox Television Animation's frequent contractors include Digital eMation, Yearim Productions, AKOM Production, and Rough Draft Studios.
The studio maintains a location in the Miracle Mile neighborhood of Los Angeles and another in Burbank, with its main office located at the Walt Disney Studios headquarters. Its workers are represented by The Animation Guild, I.A.T.S.E. Local 839.
|Family Guy||2001–present||FOX||with Fuzzy Door Productions|
|American Dad!||2005–present||FOX (2005–2014)
|with Underdog Productions and Fuzzy Door Productions|
|The Cleveland Show||2009–2013||FOX||with Persons Unknown Productions, Happy Jack Productions, and Fuzzy Door Productions|
|The Simpsons||2016–present||FOX||with Gracie Films|
- Filing for FOX TELEVISION ANIMATION, INC.
- "The Walt Disney Company Signs Amended Acquisition Agreement To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., For $71.3 Billion in Cash And Stock". The Walt Disney Company. June 20, 2018. Archived from the original on June 22, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "The Walt Disney Company Announces New Organizational Structure for its Media Networks Business, Conditional Upon Closing of 21st Century Fox Acquisition". The Walt Disney Company. October 8, 2018. Retrieved November 24, 2018.
- Fox Television Animation, Inc. Delaware corporate filing
- LinkedIn. "Fox Television Animation" about page.
- The Animation Guild Studio List