Four Friends (2010 film)
4 Friends is a 2010 Indian Malayalam comedy drama film directed by Saji Surendran. It stars Jayaram, Kunchacko Boban, Jayasurya, Meera Jasmine and Kamal Haasan appeared in a guest role. The film was released on 28 October 2010. It was dubbed into Tamil as Anbulla Kamal.
|Directed by||Saji Surendran|
|Written by||Krishna Poojapura|
|Produced by||Tomichan Mulakupadam|
|Music by||M. Jayachandran|
|Distributed by||Mulakuppadam Release|
Roy (Jayaram), Surya (Kunchacko Boban), Amir (Jayasurya), and Gauri (Meera Jasmine) come from entirely different backgrounds, but one thing that they have in common is cancer. Roy is a multi-millionaire; Amir is a small-time goonda; Soorya is an MBA student; and Gouri is an MBBS student. Each of them is dying from the disease (blood, liver, bone, and lung cancer) and they all come for treatment to a plush hospital, Pratheeksha, run by Dr. Nandakumar (K. B. Ganesh Kumar). Though they take some time to become friends, they eventually become close. They decide to go to Malaysia to meet Soorya's girlfriend because they want to be positive in their lives. There is a scene with Kamal Hassan, who gives a pep talk on how he lost some of his close friends to cancer and gives the four friends some confidence. At last Soorya dies.
- Jayaram as Roy Mathew, the MD of RM Group, a multinational company
- Kunchacko Boban as Surya, an MBA student
- Jayasurya as Amir, a thug who earns a living by selling black tickets in theatres and gang works
- Meera Jasmine as Gauri, a brilliant fourth semester MBBS student
- Kamal Haasan as himself (cameo appearance)
- Lalu Alex as Surya's father
- Siddique as Dr. Siddharth
- Salim Kumar as Kochaouseppe, a staff in Pratheeksha
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Ringgit Sasi
- Sukumari as Amir' grand mother
- K. B. Ganesh Kumar as Dr. Nandhagopal
- Manikuttan as Vishnu
- Prem Prakash as Gouri's father
- Sarayu as Vineetha
- Seema as Surya's mother
- Srinda as Ayisha, Amir's sister
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2010)
The film was shot at locations besides Kerala and Malaysia. It was produced by Tomichan Mulakuppadam under the company Mulakuppadam Films on a budget of ₹5.75 crore. Mahadevan Thampi was the still photographer of the film.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||19 August 2010|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|M. Jayachandran chronology|
|1.||"Oru Naal Annorunaal"||Kaithapram||Karthik, Swetha|
|2.||"Ente Chithira"||Kaithapram||K. J. Yesudas, Vijay Yesudas, Akhila Anand|
|3.||"Yeh Dosti"||Kaithapram||Shankar Mahadevan, Udit Narayan|
|4.||"Parayamo Rappadi"||Kaithapram||P. Jayachandran|
- Chandrakanth Viswanath (25 December 2016). "The Tiger Behind Pulimurugan". The New Sunday Express. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "Four Friends Review - Malayalam Movie Review by VN". Nowrunning.com. 28 October 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Anbulla Kamal - Kamal Haasan - Jayram - Meera Jasmine - Jayasurya - Tamil Movie News". Behindwoods.com. 27 August 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2012.