Fortis Healthcare Limited (FHL) is a chain of hospitals, headquartered in India. Fortis started its health care operations from Mohali where first Fortis hopsital was started. Later on, the hospital chain purchased the healthcare branch of Escorts group and increased its strength in various parts of the country. The Escorts Heart and research Center, Okhla, Delhi became a major operating unit of the chain which was headed by Naresh Trehan until he started his own chain by the name Medanta. The Fortis health care also operates its hospital in Vasant Kunj, faridabad, Gurgaon. The FMRI hospital at gurgaon is the headquarter of Fortis healthcare with all the major facilities at the hospital.
|Traded as||BSE: 532843|
|India, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE,Vietnam, Australia, Hongkong|
|Ashutosh Raghuvanshi, CEO|
|Revenue||₹40,500 crore (US$5.9 billion) (2018)|
Malaysia’s IHH Healthcare Bhd has become the controlling shareholder of Fortis Healthcare Ltd by acquiring a 31.1% stake in the company. Fortis Healthcare also appointed four persons from IHH Healthcare to its board in a meeting held at Mohali on Tuesday. The board approved the allotment of over 230 million shares through preferential issue to Northern TK Venture Pte Ltd, a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of IHH Healthcare, at ₹170 per share of ₹10 face value.. In 2019, Fortis Healthcare announced that it has completed the acquisition of RHT Health Trust (RHT) assets for an enterprise value of Rs 4,650 crores.
- "Fortis Healthcare appoints Ashutosh Raghuvanshi as CEO". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Fortis Healthcare Yearly Results". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "IHH Healthcare completes Fortis deal by acquiring 31% stake". Live Mint. 14 November 2018.
- "Fortis Hospital Noida". Full Details Information. 26 March 2019.
- "Fortis completes acquisition of RHT assets at enterprise value of Rs 4650 crore". Medical Dialogues. 17 January 2019.
- "Fortis Hospital Gurgaon". Full Details Information. 25 March 2019.
- "TPG-backed Manipal Hospitals buys Fortis Healthcare, to invest Rs 3,900 crore". Moneycontrol.
- Kumar, Arun (28 March 2018). "Fortis Healthcare to demerge hospital division into Manipal Hospitals". The Economic Times.